Campaign for Liberty might materialize:

galtgulch

Over one thousand new members in just one week. Are there enough rational people who share a profound concern for the direction our country is heading under our new leader. Obama revealed his intention to create a huge federally sponsored public works program today where funding is no object which could cost over one trillion dollars. To be paid for by the taxpayers whose money might have otherwise been spent in ways that would have created more jobs in the private sector but about which we will now never know.

Evidently individuals can still be found who are willing to join the Campaign For Liberty who have the convictions and principles necessary for a long term project. If the numbers of members rise into the millions at some point it will be seen as a viable force to be reckoned with.

http://tinyurl.com/5rtazu

As of this posting the membership is 95,086 with 1202 precinct leaders across the country.

Join us now or join us later, you decide. Hopefully qualified candidates for office will emerge from this organization's educational efforts and give you someone for whom to vote to help restore our Republic, the Constitution, sound money, non interventionist foreign policy, limited government and individual freedom.

galt

Edited by galtgulch

Over one thousand new members in just one week. Are there enough rational people who share a profound concern for the direction our country is heading under our new leader. Obama revealed his intention to create a huge federally sponsored public works program today where funding is no object which could cost over one trillion dollars. To be paid for by the taxpayers whose money might have otherwise been spent in ways that would have created more jobs in the private sector but about which we will now never know.

Evidently individuals can still be found who are willing to join the Campaign For Liberty who have the convictions and principles necessary for a long term project. If the numbers of members rise into the millions at some point it will be seen as a viable force to be reckoned with.

http://tinyurl.com/5rtazu

As of this posting the membership is 95,086 with 1202 precinct leaders across the country.

Join us now or join us later, you decide. Hopefully qualified candidates for office will emerge from this organization's educational efforts and give you someone for whom to vote to help restore our Republic, the Constitution, sound money, non interventionist foreign policy, limited government and individual freedom.

galt

All for naught. You are outgunned. And besides, the vast majority of American -voters- love their welfare state.

Ba'al Chatzaf

All for naught. You are outgunned. And besides, the vast majority of American -voters- love their welfare state.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al, As our beloved Ayn Rand has shown us, it is not about "guns" rather it is about ideas, and because of her we are better armed than those in power or those who support them.

I do not mean to minimize the scope of the problem. After all the Establishment taxes us to support the Public School system in which the children of the country may be misguided.

It is clearly a battle of ideas which can be won one mind at a time. The population isn't static. There are always younger, newer generations coming up. For years now and from now on many and more and more of them will hear the ideas which will enable them to make up their own minds.

There is no question that the internet has made available ideas which were easier to keep from the eyes of many in the past. But now there is a growing army of individuals who are encouraging others who have an interest in what is going on to explore the websites and books where they should be able to acquire the perspective we have.

I will not list the sites devoted to keeping the ideas of Ayn Rand, Ludwig von Mises and others alive.

Not to mention the many who have attended the programs of the Reason Foundation, Institute for Humane Studies, etc. and now are teachers at all levels including colleges and universities.

Why are you so willing to give up without a fight?

All you can say is that we are outnumbered and out gunned? So forget about it? It is not hard for me to imagine that even you may find yourself telling someone you meet about this endeavor or movement. Perhaps if this movement grows into the hundreds of thousands and then millions you will come around. It may not but if it does we have reason on our side.

www.campaignforliberty.com membership 95097 SUNDAY 5:35 PM 95,109

galt

Edited by galtgulch

I just had a conversation with a friend who had a recent message from the president of FEE. The president of Fee had a conversation with a man who criticized FEE for opposing ethanol subsidies because he was a corn grower. If a supporter of FEE can't see the problems with ethanol subsidies we should not be surprised that other people can not see the problem with the rest of the welfare state.

I hope people in the Campaign for Liberty can be a force for change but it seems like a very uphill battle.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al, As our beloved Ayn Rand has shown us, it is not about "guns" rather it is about ideas, and because of her we are better armed than those in power or those who support them.

I do not mean to minimize the scope of the problem. After all the Establishment taxes us to support the Public School system in which the children of the country may be misguided.

It is clearly a battle of ideas which can be won one mind at a time. The population isn't static. There are always younger, newer generations coming up. For years now and from now on many and more and more of them will hear the ideas which will enable them to make up their own minds.

There is no question that the internet has made available ideas which were easier to keep from the eyes of many in the past. But now there is a growing army of individuals who are encouraging others who have an interest in what is going on to explore the websites and books where they should be able to acquire the perspective we have.

I will not list the sites devoted to keeping the ideas of Ayn Rand, Ludwig von Mises and others alive.

Not to mention the many who have attended the programs of the Reason Foundation, Institute for Humane Studies, etc. and now are teachers at all levels including colleges and universities.

Why are you so willing to give up without a fight?

All you can say is that we are outnumbered and out gunned? So forget about it? It is not hard for me to imagine that even you may find yourself telling someone you meet about this endeavor or movement. Perhaps if this movement grows into the hundreds of thousands and then millions you will come around. It may not but if it does we have reason on our side.

www.campaignforliberty.com membership 95097 SUNDAY 5:35 PM 95,109

galt

I agree. It is about ideas. And the vast majority of American voters at this time think the welfare state is a wonderful idea. They would not have it otherwise. Furthermore, this is not likely to change within one generation or even two. Be prepared to die in a welfare state, as much as you have lived in a welfare state.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Edited by BaalChatzaf

I just had a conversation with a friend who had a recent message from the president of FEE. The president of Fee had a conversation with a man who criticized FEE for opposing ethanol subsidies because he was a corn grower. If a supporter of FEE can't see the problems with ethanol subsidies we should not be surprised that other people can not see the problem with the rest of the welfare state.

I hope people in the Campaign for Liberty can be a force for change but it seems like a very uphill battle.

Chris, I realize that there are individuals who have mixed premises or faulty reasoning or the like. I think most people would rather not even spend any time addressing issues which would require them to read or study philosophy or economics. Their concerns are much closer to home. Look at how superficial this election was, more like an American Idol competition where appearances and performance trumped substance.

Still many are open to understanding at times and if one of us encounters one of them at such times it is worth at least making them aware that our little movement exists and might just be the way to go in the long run.

As you can see as I keep posting the updates of membership the numbers are growing all the time across the country and around the world. At this stage the situation may seem hopeless or uphill and I expect that will be less so in time if the numbers keep growing and the organized members do run candidates and engage in informing their friends and neighbors locally.

I imagine that if Atlas Shrugged were to be made into a movie, even if it didn't include everything in the book, it could be done in a way which would inspire viewers to read the book. That would lead to more openness to the ideas and the movement.

But even if that doesn't happen I think there are already so many people involved that the days of the welfare/warfare state are numbered. There is so much at stake and each of us knows it and is motivated to keep at it this time even if it takes years. After all the first American Revolution took years as well. Our battle is ideological not a war, not yet anyway.

I am glad that this is happening and credit Ron Paul for initiating it and sustaining it as he has, e.g. his endorsement of the Young AMericans for Liberty on college campuses last week.

www.campaignforliberty.com Dec 7 8:36PM members: 95124

galt

Edited by galtgulch

Galt; Somebody made the comment that the movie of Atlas Shrugged is for Objectivists like the second coming of Christ for Christians. Something that is just about to happen.

Very funny! I just wish they would make any version of it. I have a vague recollection of an article I think was in Liberty magazine in which it was suggested that Hollywood would do awful things to the story and the characters which I will not spell out. I just think it could be done in a way that entices people to buy the book in large numbers. I think of it in black and white with intensity of action and a fast pace.

In any case I noticed that the numbers of members at the Campaign for Liberty has grown this afternoon to 95,124 which impresses and shows that word of mouth is escalating. The dream is that it will mushroom into the millions before the next election and then all hell will break loose figuratively speaking.

10:09PM 95,129 members in www.campaignforliberty.com

You should tell someone about this movement and see what a thrill it is for you, especially if he or she responds positively!

galt

Edited by galtgulch