'I was told to kill to my last breath'

Michael Stuart Kelly

This speaks for itself.

This is the reason mankind still needs organizations like the military. Only modern man with an understanding of individual rights has a shot at living without tribal warfare. Primitive mentalities believe in fighting and killing as a proper form of persuasion. When modern civilized man lowers his guard, they do attack. And they will attack again.

I sincerely believe that the growth of education, freedom, individual rights and the resulting abundance (including information abundance) will end war. But that is a long time coming and until that time, it still gets ugly.

The irony of the fact that the terrorists communicated by BlackBerries, which primitive mentalities could never produce on their own, is not lost on me.

Civilized people have to be able to live in peace. Proper retaliation is in order and that means lethal force against the perpetrators (the mentors behind the foot soldiers who died). I sincerely hope that this affair will not be seen as an opportunity by India to disseminate misinformation about the traditional hostility between India and Pakistan. Without a correct target, proper retaliation will be impossible and the people behind this will be empowered to do it again.

Michael

'I was told to kill to my last breath': Captured terrorist's account of Mumbai massacre reveals plan was to kill 5,000

By Ian Gallagher

Daily Mail

Mail Online

30th November 2008

The only terrorist captured alive after the Mumbai massacre has given police the first full account of the extraordinary events that led to it – revealing he was ordered to ‘kill until the last breath’.

Azam Amir Kasab, 21, from Pakistan, said the attacks were meticulously planned six months ago and were intended to kill 5,000 people.

. . .

Yesterday, Kasab chillingly went through details of Wednesday night’s killing spree across the city, which ended when he was cornered by police.

He pretended to be dead, which probably saved his life. It was only when he was being transferred to hospital by ambulance that his accompanying officer noticed he was still breathing.

Once inside Nair Hospital, Kasab, who suffered only minor injuries, told medical staff: ‘I do not want to die. Please put me on saline.’

. . .

Police insist that Kasab confessed to being a member of the Pakistani terror group Lashkar-e-Taiba, which has denied involvement in the carnage, and claimed he and the others were trained in the Muslim country.

Intelligence analysts are keeping more of an open mind, however. And some political observers point out an unhelpful tendency by the Indian authorities continually to blame ‘Pakistan elements’ without solid evidence.

Some speculative reports emerging from New Delhi even suggested Pakistan’s intelligence services had a hand in training the terrorists.

. . .

‘I have done right,’ he [Kasab] told investigators. ‘I have no regrets.’

One police source said: ‘He [Kasab] was telling our people this in a most dispassionate way and responded to the horror their faces betrayed by shrugging his shoulders, as if it was all of no real consequence.’

Folks:

We are engaged in a generational struggle, not of our choosing, but we need, desperately need to be aware of how serious these folks are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kashmir_and_J..._princely_state

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/Mumbai...pert.4741582.jp

Adam

“I was told to kill to my last breath.”

This is chilling.

It also reminds me of my own training instructions during USMC boot camp and infantry training (1968-1969). But of course there was a difference: we were taught to kill only enemy combatants who were demonstrably trying to kill us, whether in NVA uniform or in civilian dress.

Brant, my comrade in arms, any input from you on this matter?

-Ross Barlow.

The Pakistani intelligence service is a terrorist organization hardly controlled by the ostensible government.

I wasn't trained to be a terrorist either. While medics aren't considered combatants under the Geneva Convention, Special Forces Aidmen are. I was thoroughly trained in small arms and bayonet drill. I always went armed in Vietnam. Because of the SF role in country we had extensive contact with local populations. I ran medical patrols and was responsible for psy-opps, even before I made buck sergeant. I hated it when the army sent in a couple of twin-engined air to ground support planes which then mistakenly shot up a friendly hamlet. I don't remember if they killed anybody. Did blow a pig in half. I also didn't like the Vietnamese designated "free-fire" zones which meant anyone flying over one was free to bomb and strafe anything they could see. Damage inflicted of course, was minimal. The idea was that civilians would be terrorized to live in areas and hamlets under government control and allied forces would be free to conduct ground operations without regard to the lives and property of anyone left in the area. That's war. The grey areas are a bitch. If you're a "good guy" its okay. If not, not. The Germans strafed civilians so they would flee clogging up the roads so the French couldn't move their troops around.

Well, I hated it and I hated that no-win war. The happiest day of my life up to then was getting on that 707 and flying home knowing I was getting out of that and out of the army. If I had stayed in the army--not that I would have--it would have been year after year of bad--bad for me--dreary service--to an ungrateful country. I predicted exactly how that war would end four years before it did. I just didn't know when at the time. Then how depressing to watch it all come true. I was afraid in 1965 that 30,000 Americans--or more--would get killed over there, and for less good result than in Korea, and I wasn't even 21, because South Vietnam's borders were too long to be defended, unlike the 38th Parallel in Korea. I've been seeing the future all my adult life and I'm sick of it. It doesn't mean I'm a genius; it's not that hard, but what does that say about the media idiots that run this country or the crazy neo-cons who want to run the world?

--Brant