Today we all lose.

BaalChatzaf

The title says it. On this day wrong mindedness will triumph over stupidity. What worries me is that the Obama-nation will claim a mandate. What was it that Fransisco said to the world? Brother, you asked for it. Yes. That was it.

I weep for the Republic.

Ba'al Chatzaf

For heaven's sake. Screw the Republic! It's getting what it deserves. Buy some gold, get out of debt and enjoy life. Israel will take care of Iran and the economy will take care of Obama.

Even after the glorious establishment of the present government under its Constitution came sedition legislation enacted under Adams. Men grasp for power and getting it use it to keep it. Politics is a blender of competing forces, mostly parasitical.

Even Ayn Rand imagined in her old age that through politics there'd be some kind of freedom salvation hence she was so pleased to see Alan Greenspan injected into government at the highest level. WTF! Greenspan served the devil and the devil won. He didn't want to be an "ineffective pamphleteer" so he became an implicit apologist for Social Security through his own sanction over a quarter of a century ago then an embracer of fiat money and central banking, helping make the world an even greater mess. Of course, he may see this only as an acceleration towards statist doom = FINALLY! Freedom salvation having played an effective even necessary part, but I don't think so for he isn't now saying so. Instead he cowers in his Congressional testimony.

--Brant