Happy Halloween

It will be really scary after next Tuesday.

Happy Halloween Everyone on OL.

I have facepaint (black, orange, green) on right now and a tuxedo. As soon as it gets dark and the kids come out, I will answer the door and instead of candy, I am giving out stock certificates. I get them wholesale for about the same price as candy, really. In years gone by, I dressed like a pirate and gave out mardi gras doubloons -- about the size of a half dollar, made of aluminum anodized purple, green, red, with pagan themes of the floats and civic celebrations. I have given out foreign paper, foreign coins, etc.

Boo!

(On the mardi gras doubloons, just a note -- The Krewe of Atlas has celebrated Inventions. The parade has a theme and the floats tie into that as they can. Fantasy... Let the Good Times Roll ... America Past and Present ... Libraries ... (hard to say how they pick these but year after year, they do). )

Edited by Michael E. Marotta

• 13 years later...

We saw “Hubie Halloween” tonight and it was funny with quite a few laugh out loud moments. So many Saturday Night Live people are in it, though some just have cameos. At times it is a little scary and sometimes a bit annoying too but if you want to see a Halloween movie without too many wet your pants moments, this is it. Peter

From Wikipedia: Hubie Halloween is a 2020 American mystery comedy film directed by Steven Brill, written by Adam Sandler and Tim Herlihy, and starring an ensemble cast consisting of Sandler in the title role, Kevin JamesJulie BowenRay LiottaRob SchneiderJune SquibbKenan ThompsonShaquille O'NealSteve Buscemi, and Maya Rudolph. The film follows a Halloween-loving delicatessen worker who must save the town of Salem, Massachusetts, from a kidnapper.

Released on October 7, 2020, by Netflix, the film received mixed reviews from critics, although some critics considered it better than Sandler's other recent comedies. The film pays tribute to actor Cameron Boyce, who was set to co-star but died in 2019.