McCain contradicts himself endlessly...

It is amazing how often McCain contradicts himself on issue after issue. Still the media ignores the story of his ubiquitous contradictory statements.

The prospect of this gentleman becoming the next president is chilling.

The prospect of Obama becoming the next president is also chilling.

The Federal Budget is growing exponentially. I fear for our children and grandchildren who will have to endure the nightmare they will have to live through.

Attempts are being made to enlighten chosen delegates about Ron Paul in the hope they will save the day.

Hope springs eternal.

It is now a race against time. Any thoughts on what is worth doing would be appreciated.

Wm

Yes, I agree on Obama and McCain.

This continuing campaign for RP - even after McC has officially clinched the nomination - is irrational and futile.

RP's candidacy and this continuing waste of time are diverting resources from the only party dedicated to liberty, the Libertarian Party. My advice is to support the LP and its candidate Bob Barr.

Support for RP = Support for GOP = Support for Bush = Support for torture, initiation of war, suspension of civil liberties.

Yes, I agree on Obama and McCain.

This continuing campaign for RP - even after McC has officially clinched the nomination - is irrational and futile.

RP's candidacy and this continuing waste of time are diverting resources from the only party dedicated to liberty, the Libertarian Party. My advice is to support the LP and its candidate Bob Barr.

Support for RP = Support for GOP = Support for Bush = Support for torture, initiation of war, suspension of civil liberties.

You might be right. But it is conceivable that despite the main stream media and the Republican Party's contention that McCain has enough delegates, that simply may not be true! Actual delegates chosen after the primaries are not all bound or pledged to vote for McCain. Many of them are actually Ron Paul supporters who were chosen but who might simply not vote on the first ballot. That would keep McCain from reaching the number he needs.

It is not clear how many of those Ron Paul supporter type delegates for McCain there actually are. Surely enough, three hundred or so, to keep McCain from the nomination on the first ballot, and every ballot thereafter.

Whether there are enough to give the nomination to Ron Paul is less likely but it might be quite a show in Minneapolis. Ron Paul supporters see him as a virtual savior for the country, who addresses crucial issues with the correct policies to avoid catastrophic collapse of the currency and the economy and bankruptcy.

It is certainly worth trying to do whatever can be done to help the Ron Paul cause. You may not agree. Do any of you here really think that we are going to be "better off" with either Obama or McCain, assuming you will not be seeking an abortion, than with a man who has stood up for Constitutional limits on government, against the tide of altruistic and statist sludge dredged up over the last fifty years?

I am aware that there are projects afoot to provide information about Ron Paul to all the Republican delegates across the country. Many regular non Ron Paul types who are delegates may find McCain abhorrent and might be willing to vote for a true conservative who is a breath of fresh air to a new generation of young people who want to be free of the counterfeit inflationary policy of the unconstitutional Federal Reserve System, free of the bankrupt Social Security System to which they will otherwise be enslaved with onerous "contributions," free of an interventionist government both at home and abroad, etc.

It is easy to do nothing and just go about your business as if there is no hope for freedom in this upcoming election. Bob Barr voted for the Patriot Act, although he says he only did so so he could serve on the committee which would temper its more egregious effects and that Bush didn't keep his word to Barr. Barr was a prosecutor who put many people in jail in the victimless drug war. Barr might get more votes for the LP than it ever got before but it is no longer a consistent party of principle. If anything Barr/Root may enable Obama to be elected over McCain, which will lead to a whole new set of outrages.

IF Ron Paul did become the nominee, and his message did find its way to be in front of the public I think he would be elected.

So I will keep putting my two cents in to support his effort even beyond this election. I predict that virtual Ron Paul clones will emerge across the country in coming years and will get elected to every level of government.

Join us.

Wm