French parachutist to jump from 130,000ft Monday 4AM

This fellow is certainly daring and has devoted his life to fulfill his dream of a high altitude free fall from 130,000 feet in which he will break the sound barrier! and will approach a speed of close to 1000mph!

The challenges are daunting considering the temperature and low atmospheric pressures to be encountered at that altitude.

Michel Fournier has made 8500 parachute jumps many from high altitudes. The anticipated jump was to be on Sunday May 25th but the weather is not ideal so it is delayed until Monday morning May 26th at 4AM.

He will be almost 25 miles above the earth, will see the blackness of space and the curvature of the earth. It will take over two hours to reach the altitude over Saskatchewan Canada but only 15 minutes to dive back down. His parachute will open at 20,000 feet and he has a special suit to protect him from the cold, the low pressure and the high speed of the dive after he leaves the safety of the special capsule in which he will ascend by Helium balloon.

He will break four world records if successful. Visit the official website at :

http://www.legrandsaut.org/index.php?lang=eng

IT is not just a stunt as various experts in medicine and other disciplines will monitor the event to learn what they can from his performance and the various technologies involved in the special suit and capsule. One hope is that a way may be found to help astronauts escape from failed missions once they reach high altitudes.

Love this stuff! Imagine being in his shoes and experiencing what he does!

Wm

low pressure and the high speed of the dive after he leaves the safety of the special capsule in which he will ascend by Helium balloon.

He will break four world records if successful. Visit the official website at :

He will break more than that if his drogue does not deploy properly. To slow down from several hundred m.p.h to something like 20 feet per second, a preliminary drogue has to deploy to slow him down before his main chute is popped. If he just popped his main chute it would not only tear to ribbons, but the shock would break every bone in his body. Good luck to Fourier. He will need it.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al the eternal optimist! lol

Well, I am fascinated by the event also. Somehow, I think he and his team have kinda worked out the risk factors on the opening of the chutes and the exponential impact on the human body.

Remember, he is French, he could always just surrender on the way down.

Adam

Adam

If it were not for the French fleet at Yorktown, George Washington would not have won the American Revolution!

In case you hadn't noticed our government has replaced King George and the Second American r3VOLution is underway with or without you.

It will take months before Fournier is able to replace the Helium balloon and try again.

Curious that the Republican Party of Nevada would rather send no delegates to the nominating convention than send Ron Paul people as delegates who would be obliged to vote for Romney on the first ballot! Instead they adjourned and walked out with no intention of reconvening their convention.

When ten thousand or more Ron Paul people show up in Minneapolis and McCain does not get the nomination on the first ballot, anything could happen!

We are learning everyday how incompetent McCain is. Hillary will stop at nothing and may still get the nod despite Obama's clear lead. These folks don't even follow their own rules. Is it any wonder they ignore the limits imposed on government by the Constitution?

Wm

Edited by galtgulch

Adam

If it were not for the French fleet at Yorktown, George Washington would not have won the American Revolution!

In case you hadn't noticed our government has replaced King George and the Second American r3VOLution is underway with or without you.

It will take months before Fournier is able to replace the Helium balloon and try again.

Curious that the Republican Party of Nevada would rather send no delegates to the nominating convention than send Ron Paul people as delegates who would be obliged to vote for Romney on the first ballot! Instead they adjourned and walked out with no intention of reconvening their convention.

When ten thousand or more Ron Paul people show up in Minneapolis and McCain does not get the nomination on the first ballot, anything could happen!

We are learning everyday how incompetent McCain is. Hillary will stop at nothing and may still get the nod despite Obama's clear lead. These folks don't even follow their own rules. Is it any wonder they ignore the limits imposed on government by the Constitution?

Wm

Galtgulch:

We are not in disagreement about the goal. The French are 0- 10 starting with Waterloo. Yes, the last global political move that the French made that benefited us was the fleet showing up to bottle up Cornwallis. I live within walking distance of Yorktown, Va.

The French still owe us money from WWI and WWII. So do not understand my joke at the French in any way as being not thankful that their global interests during the American Revolution helped us.

Unfortunately, there is zero (0) probability that McCain will not get the nomination on the first ballot.

My hope is that the Paul folks, of whom I am one, will get behind the Barr-Root ticket. If we do this right, there are two states that we could pick off with this ticket. Nevada, Roots home base and an outside shot at Georgia.

There are i61 days till election, what have you done today to get votes for the Barr-Root ticket? I picked up 15 at our chess club tonight and they will work hard. I am a leader and I will produce fot that ticket.

Adam

Adam,

I attended the first LP convention in Denver in 1972 and founded the LP of PA. The experience of being feeling like I had been run over by a seam-roller by the major parties over the years with the LP getting less than 2% of the vote has left me feeling pretty hopeless until Ron Paul came along. You see what happened when even he ran as the LP for President in 88.

I still have a modicum of hope that Ron Paul people going to the convention as McCain or Romney delegates might just keep McCain from getting the number of votes he needs on the first ballot.

I wonder if you are aware of the DVD for Delegates project? Intention is to send DVD's of Ron Paul to every delegate in the country to soften and convert them to Ron Paul! One DVD each of the next four months. If Ron Paul were to become the nominee he would be more likely to be elected given his character, integrity, honesty, loyalty to the Founder's non interventionist foreign policy, sound gold backed 100% reserve currency, no federal income tax and no irs, bring down the budget by bringing troops home from 700 bases in 130 countries.

What good will just winning two states do if Obama or Hillary won the election?

Wm

Edited by galtgulch

Galtgulch:

I apologize, I assumed you were much younger. I started organizing the LP in the mid 60's and we attained permanent ballot status in NY State by 1972 which they totally blew in the next decade.

What part of Penn.? Do you know Wayne County in the NE corner of the State - Honesdale is the county seat.

Adam

Ba'al the eternal optimist! lol

Well, I am fascinated by the event also. Somehow, I think he and his team have kinda worked out the risk factors on the opening of the chutes and the exponential impact on the human body.

Adam

The standard military issue wristwatch in the French army is an analog watch with its hands set permanently to eleven oh five or twelve fifty five.

There are also surplus French military firearms for sale. Their standard issue 6.2 mm semi-automatic. Almost brand new. They have only been dropped once.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Galtgulch:

I apologize, I assumed you were much younger. I started organizing the LP in the mid 60's and we attained permanent ballot status in NY State by 1972 which they totally blew in the next decade.

What part of Penn.? Do you know Wayne County in the NE corner of the State - Honesdale is the county seat.

Adam

Adam, I am glad that I convey a youthful nature! I lived in Devon while I started residency training in Philadelphia, which I finished in the Boston area and now I live in central MA where I became active in the Ron Paul whatever revolution.

I watched the LP convention last weekend and they seemed to be quite divided over the Mr. Barr's libertarian credentials. Enough believed him but it was something to hear Christine Smith's rant which has been described as "psychotic!" Evidently you have reason to believe Barr is the answer to a libertarian's prayers. What good will his winning in a couple of states do? I am sick to my stomach to think that any of the three will be the next president. I know Ron Paul is right on so many issues, the Fed, the IRS, the inflation thing, the Constitution and the fact it is our roadmap back to sanity if only enough would understand.

I imagine this will take longer to accomplish.

I know.

Wm

GG:

It was psychotic - I am the person who referred to it that way. Yes, Barr is not a "true", "perfect" libertarian.

However, he did leave the Republican Party two years ago and has been working the country on behalf of Libertarian candidates for that entire time.

I do believe though, that a significant segment of the Paul folks, of which I am one, will sit out in frustration, when this is the time for all of us to unite behind the Barr-Root ticket.

I am a political realist and I have been in the real political trenches as a professional field organizer, speech writer, pollster and position statement person for democrats, republicans, conservatives, liberals and libertarians since I was in my teens.

If the Paul folks, which would provide field troops and money which is what wins campaigns, we could take 5-8 states.

Additionally, down ticket we could actually put a number congress persons, state assembly/senate persons, a lot of councilmen/alderman/school board people because you lose between 12-25% in drop offs from the top of the ticket. However, turnout would be very high so lower down ticket folks could be and would be swept into office. This is what we should have been doing for the last 20 years.

The way to spread ideas is one person at a time, but it is much easier when you have local and state gatekeepers to advance the agenda.

Can you imagine if we had Ron Paul in Congress with 4 or 5 other congress people constantly putting bills before the house with publicity - like eliminating the Department of Education, FDA, ATF, IRS FEMA and other alphabet federal agencies?

Barr will not openly endorse legalizing crystal meth, heroin, cocaine and other "hard drugs". He, I believe will not come out for "gay marriage" which I agree with. There should be full civil union laws, but marriage definitionally is between a man and a woman for the purpose of raising children by pooling economic resources. Another issue that Barr had a problem with libertarians about was his support of the Patriot Act when he was a Republican, but he has had his epiphany and has been working hard with the ACLU and other civil/individual rights groups to repeal it or at least make sure that Sunset clauses are kept in it if it is to remain.

As to Ms. Smith, she is a recent "convert" to libertarianism, I immediately signed up for her e-mails and I have all of them saved. If you wish, I will send them too you privately. Essentially, she is a "wack job". She basically presents as touchy, "feely" and cosmically "spiritual", gag! Additionally, I placed a call to her to offer assistance and she would call back with an "unknown name" and "unknown number" on my quite sophisticated phone system which meant that I could not even call her back! No way to run a railroad as Eddie Willers would have said.

So we should be able to suck it up and get behind this ticket because if this Presidential election gets thrown into the House of Representatives, baby its a whole new ballgame.

Finally, residency for what specialty?

Adam