KENNETH GREGG'S LIBRARY

Debbie Gregg, Ken's widow, wishes to sell his library. Right now I am waiting for permission to publish more, but if anyone is interested, e-mail me and I will put you in contact with Debbie Gregg.

Way back when, Ken had an impressive library of books regarding the history of the idea of freedom, among other things. He also had a fair collection of SF. I can only imagine how gargantuan the collection must have gotten in the years between my association with him and his untimely passing.

The problem is, the collection is not catalogued, and Debbie is not in a position to catalogue it.

I think that I posted contact info. for Debbie Gregg in the other thread about Ken Gregg R.I.P., but for now e-mail me and I will pass on the info. to Debbie.

BTW, Ken had made his home in Las Vegas, Nevada, and that is where the library is still located.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for selling off this library, feel free to voice them. I am planning to e-mail all the libertarian contacts I have. If anyone here has other contacts for networking who might like to learn of the sale of this library, also feel free to contact me. I'm trying to assist Debbie in finding a buyer.

pbmaltzman@yahoo.com

Edited by Pam Maltzman

I would recommend finding book appraisers. These people should set the worth of the collection and not be buyers of the collection. This would of course be fee for service.

Another idea would be to put the collection on e-bay sight unseen with the person buying picking the collection. The seller would get a lot less money.

Edited by Chris Grieb

Chris, thanks for your suggestions. I will pass them along to Debbie next time I e-mail her.

Pam

I would recommend finding book appraisers. These people should set the worth of the collection and not be buyers of the collection. This would of course be fee for service.

Another idea would be to put the collection on e-bay sight unseen with the person buying picking the collection. The seller would get a lot less money.

Things are coming together. I'm in awe of networking. I e-mailed all my libertarian contacts, and also posted here and on the Yahoo Left Libertarian 2 list.

Friends of Ken's are going to catalogue the collection. Some other friends are going to help Debbie sell the books for a good price. It's as if people are coming together to help with the library as a sort of final tribute to Ken.

I'm glad I could play a small part in helping to get this done. Once the cataloguing is done, things should move fairly quickly in terms of selling the books.

Things are coming together. I'm in awe of networking. I e-mailed all my libertarian contacts, and also posted here and on the Yahoo Left Libertarian 2 list.

Friends of Ken's are going to catalogue the collection. Some other friends are going to help Debbie sell the books for a good price. It's as if people are coming together to help with the library as a sort of final tribute to Ken.

I'm glad I could play a small part in helping to get this done. Once the cataloguing is done, things should move fairly quickly in terms of selling the books.

This is very good news.

Alfonso