Pizza Hut fires employee for violating company gun policy

I wish Objectivists and Libertarians would remember that no one has a right to any job.

I must add that Pizza Hut has a right to set their rules. I don't think I'm going shop there which is a different issue.

Chris,

Sure, Pizza Hut's top management can prohibit delivery people from carrying guns.

But they should own up that their policy at least occasionally puts their delivery people at risk.

Will they admit that in public?

Robert Campbell

Some years ago here in Tucson two punks robbed a Pizza Hut then murdered the young employees. The outlet never reopened. It was bulldozed.

If I had children they would never be permitted to work in a fast food establishment.

I once knew a man who raised and trained police dogs for private placement in NYC. He went to an appointment with a clipboard in hand and someone tried to kill and rob him with a gun in a stairwell. It was a setup. He smashed the would-be killer/mugger with the clipboard and beat him up so badly he may not have have survived for all he knew or cared. He left the guy in a crumpled pile. He was a karate expert. In this case if he had had a gun and tried to use it he probably would have lost. No, he didn't call the police.

A NYC cop who witnessed a semi-tractor trailer truck driver at night kill his attacker with a blow to the chest or head from a tire thumper, told the driver to leave the area and not tell anyone about it. Just another dead body to be carted off to the morgue.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

You are right, Chris. No one has a right to a job but it is a moral crime for Pizza Hut to deny any of its employees the ability to carry guns during the course of their employment.

A friend of mine owned a pizza delivery business and encouraged his employees to carry guns because they carried large amounts of cash which would make them targets of criminals.

I would suggest each of you not buy pizz from Pizza Hut anymore until they change their policy with regards to firearms.

Also, here is a link to a website dedicated to helping the ex-Pizza Hut employee, named James Spiers, who defended himself: http://www.jamesspiershero.com/

I wish Objectivists and Libertarians would remember that no one has a right to any job.

I must add that Pizza Hut has a right to set their rules. I don't think I'm going shop there which is a different issue.

Edited by Mike Renzulli