Gistweb

I made the following post in "Writing Techniques," but I think it will be useful here, too. This thing has the potential to save you a huge amount of time in research.

I found the most amazing tool on the Internet. (I actually received it in an email from Jonathan Leger.)

Gistweb

It installs on your browser. Then when you come to a wordy web page, it cuts out all the fluff and leaves the facts. What a wonderful idea for writers!

I am fiddling with it now. It isn't perfect, but it is looking awfully good.

Michael

I made the following post in "Writing Techniques," but I think it will be useful here, too. This thing has the potential to save you a huge amount of time in research.
I found the most amazing tool on the Internet. (I actually received it in an email from Jonathan Leger.)

Gistweb

It installs on your browser. Then when you come to a wordy web page, it cuts out all the fluff and leaves the facts. What a wonderful idea for writers!

I am fiddling with it now. It isn't perfect, but it is looking awfully good.

Michael

I sense a large ration of jokes about "what happens when you put a page on site ABC through Gistweb" coming soon...

Alfonso

Interesting concept, but after trying it out on one of my own essays, it looks like all it does it cut out the 2nd half of every paragraph. I could discern no intelligent condensing of concepts or anything of that extent. The points which always seemed to be cut where always in the latter part of paragraphs.