Love of work

Michael Stuart Kelly

Running an internet marketing business really is one of the toughest jobs you'll ever have, but it's also one of the toughest jobs you'll ever love.

The above quote is by Armand Morin on a teleseminar. I find these words extremely inspiring. They can apply equally well to any profession and express the perfect emotional attitude toward productive work. It even sounds Objectivist.

For those who have never heard of this guy, he is a self-made millionaire—many times over—in both internet marketing (selling his own software and other products) and country music, although this last was not known until a few days ago. He caused a huge upset in the music industry. He had aspirations as a country singer, so he adopted a fantasy name, Michael Lee Austin, made a CD, decided to use only his internet expertise for sales instead of the traditional route, and completely blew out the Billboard charts. He outsold almost all of the singers the best companies in the entire recording industry were promoting.

Having worked in the recording industry, that impressed the hell out of me. People on the outside have no idea how much power industry moguls have wielded in the past on making or breaking an artist at whim by controlling the sales and distribution channels. I LOVED seeing the back of that broken by innovation. (Now he is even teaching recording company bigshots how to use the Internet to make their sales.)

I have never been much of a country music fan, but I am now an enormous fan of Armand Morin.

Morin rocks.

Michael