out of the mouths of reptiles

Mike Lee, over in the Sciabarra Corner folder, made mention of the "reptilian quality" of Diana Hsieh's recent critique of Chris, and I hereby relocate my comments on Mike's remark:

Also, speaking of "reptilian" behavior, if I didn't know (?) that she [Diana] and Paul were off mountaineering in the Rockies, I'd suspect her of being linked to the three deaths in Florida this past week.

See ya later, alligator!

REB

• 1 month later...

Which one of the following statements was NOT recently written on So-Low Bashin' or Poodle Poop by Dyin' O'Shayme or her protege, Miss Pouty Pineapples?

1. kindly go fuck yourself, you malicious prick. [Editorial comment: I'm almost positive I recently saw another similar comment by this speaker, but I couldn't find it. My search function kept locking up on So-Low Bashin', probably because it was getting clogged with filth. Apologies to O-L readers whose sensibilities this post offends.]

2. Mark, you anti-semetic fuck.

3. I'm willing to wrestle in mud, but not in shit.

4. Hey Mark you anti-semetic fuck

5. Phil...you are still a slippery fuck.

6. Dish it out but can't take it? I don't mind name calling but he described having sex with me.

7. I didn't think I'd ever have to say this, but I did not have sex with Phil!

8. when I said you were a slippery fucker who evades and lies, I only meant it if the shoe fits...

9. you are a slippery fucker who hides behind that LIE that everyone misunderstands and misrepresents his arguments

10. Your endless crowing about your great victory is nothing but PREMATURE EJACULATION! And like the physical kind, it's embarrassing to watch! [Can’t resist an editorial comment here: this person WATCHES men prematurely ejaculate???]

11. Dr. Rasmussen was invited to give the primary paper on universals at a recent Ayn Rand Society meeting. Contrary to expectations, it was an *incompetant* paper.

12. Insults should be spelled correctly.

10. Your endless crowing about your great victory is nothing but PREMATURE EJACULATION! And like the physical kind, it's embarrassing to watch! [Can’t resist an editorial comment here: this person WATCHES men prematurely ejaculate???]

Well, if the ejaculations of her husband are premature enough she can still watch them...

I thought I saw 7 coming out of the new curmudgeonette-in-training (still MIA, btw)...

I too have never had or desired to have sex with Phil; as nice of a guy as he is, just not my thing.

rde

Nobody won. But good guesses!

The correct answer is #12. It was uttered by a guy ("Mark," I think), after Penny Loafer twice misspelled "semitic" in insulting him.

Item #11 came from Poodle Poop, and it was posted by Diana in criticism of Douglas Rasmussen's supposedly "incompetant" paper. Her support for this claim was his inability (?) during the discussion period to expound Rand's theory of measurement omission as it applies to higher-level concepts. Interesting that this off-the-cuff inability (?) counts as presenting an "incompetant" paper.

Anyway, thanks for indulging my compilation of schmuttige sprechen by Schmertz & Screech. :-)

REB

I am too late to guess (wrongly) that the comment was #11. Because I have not yet seen a comment from Ms. Hsieh in defence of anyone.

Obviously, I was mistaken about her, in that respect.

And as for Roger: that was a clever use of misdirection. It reminds me of some of Agatha Christie's better devices in fooling the reader. You should write mystery novels.

Chrys Jordan wrote:

I am too late to guess (wrongly) that the comment was #11. Because I have not yet seen a comment from Ms. Hsieh in defence of anyone. Obviously, I was mistaken about her, in that respect.

No, you had her pegged the first time. Comment #11 is a criticism, an insult of Douglas Rasmussen. (He is one of my best friends and one of the good guys. We cut out teeth on Rand's works back in Iowa during the mid-60s, and he is a Neo-Aristotelian philosopher who co-authored/edited The Philosophic Thought of Ayn Rand. For that, some Loyalist Randians have never forgiven him.)

Whatever you got out of Comment #11 that sounded like a "defence of anyone" was probably wishful thinking. (Actually, since her philosophy department head did the critique of Rasmussen's 2004 Ayn Rand Society paper, it probably was, by implication, a defense of him, but that was not in the comment itself.)

Anyway, it was fun rolling out all those quotes, so many of which were "unseemly" (one of Hsieh's favorite hoity-toity words describing things she is too fastidious to do) and "unladylike." The women of SOLO are "mas macho, si, si!"

REB

> Has anybody on OL had sex with Phil? [MSK]

Ladies, don't answer Michael's question!!

I'm swearing all twelve of you to silence. But you -may- post "oh, it was so good" if you want, or just the acronym OIWSG to be discreet.

At the minimum, I would think Phil has had sex with Phil.  

That counts, or no?  

Don't know if Phil has followed up on it, but I do know that it has been suggested(strongly) that he have sex with himself. Reference #1 in Roger's first post.

L W