out of the mouths of babes

The following comment by Cruella DeSchmertz is just too funny to let pass without comment:

I do have one terribly important complaint about the "TOS Blog" -- and that's its terribly boring name. Of course, I wouldn't recommend anything goofy like "NoodleFood," but some clever play on objective standards would be sooooo very perfect. (Measurements Omitted? Pounds and Inches? Weighty Matters? Setting Standards?) A clever title is an indispensible necessity for a clever blog!

That being the case, I guess we know what kind of blog "NoodleFood" is!

REB

Rodney Rawlings wrote:

"Noodlefood" I parse as:  

noodle = brain ("Use your noodle!")  

brain food = food for thought  

Which is clever.

True, except that Diana herself acknowledged that the name of her blog was "goofy." Goofy and clever? Maybe, but while we're at it, let's add in "misleading." The heat and light being generated by her blog is not due to educational or informative threads, but to threads that attack the character of various people with whom Diana has previously related, but from whom she is now alienated.

I think "Vendetta Central" or "Enemies of Diana" would be more accurate, less goofy, and who cares about clever...

REB

Perhaps a better adjective would be "OOfy"--nOOdlefOOd.

It does sound non-intellectual, evoking the sweet homebody type of woman with horn-rimmed glasses who likes knitting and needlepoint and tea parties (and gossip?). I would never use such a goofy-sounding name for anything I wrote, that's for sure.