George H. Smith Gives Qualified Endorsement of Ron Paul 2008

This is very good and quite enjoyable. The put down of O'Rielly and Hannity is great.

George Smith has a wonderful sense of humor. That is a delightful commentary. One of the things I do agree with George Smith on is that voting as promotion of freedom is an exercise in futility. I do it anyway because it is one of the most innocuous ways I can participate in civic life without feeling like I need to take a shower afterward.

I view voting as the preservation of my civic right to say no. Ballots and persuasion are the weapons we must use against bullets.

Jim

Cool video. I like the part about Herbert coming to Chicago to vote. We have a saying up here, "vote early, vote often" and I'm sure they would let a dog vote, as long as he registers under a dead person's name.

Kat

Cool video. I like the part about Herbert coming to Chicago to vote. We have a saying up here, "vote early, vote often" and I'm sure they would let a dog vote, as long as he registers under a dead person's name.

Kat

Kat,

Speaking of corruption in government, I just finished watching this video:

http://tree3.com/861/index.html

which purports to show that certain codes of the US suggest that one only has to pay "income" if earned from foreign sources.

In it folks have simply requested information from the IRS by asking questions which not surprisingly the IRS has refused to answer! Instead however intimidating letters have been sent to them, thus treating them as if they are "tax protesters."

http://www.taxhonesty.com/

is where I found the link above.

I send mucho donaro to the IRS or rather they withhold it so I never see it and it does not pass through my hands. If I am not required to pay then I ought to know about it. I have requested that my accountant explore this issue. I realize that he has an interest as he derives so much of his income from processing income taxes.

Part of me wishes that Ron Paul would just get elected and repeal the whole thing.

My fear of the IRS falls in the fear of the SS category. No way will I even ask them a question. As we all have known all along, the IRS is a protection racket and we just silently pay them to keep them away.

All the more reason to do what we each can do to help Ron Paul get elected.

g

Edited by galtgulch

Herbert for Cook County Assessor!

He can't do worse than Steven Spielberg did.

(You have to know what movie I'm alluding to {g})

Well, at least Herbert isn't on a mission from God <grin>.

Isn't YouTube wonderful? It gives a brilliant and witty philosopher the closest possible shot at television stardom. And it gives us the opportunity to enjoy his wit and wisdom on our computers. George H. Smith has far more than earned his fifteen minutes of fame for a lifetime of philosophical work in contribution to reason and liberty.

Martin

Well, if Herbert runs for Cook County assessor and wins, I do hope he will abolish these ridiculously high property taxes!

run, run, ruff, ruff!!!

Kat

Sit Herbert, sit.

Jim