America: Freedom to Fascism

galtgulch

If I am not mistaken, Aaron Russo had thrown his hat in the ring in the hope of becoming the Libertarian nominee for president but instead Michael Badnarik won the nomination. I don't recall the year.

This 111 minute film is being recommended and I found out about it while watching other Ron Paul videos which are growing in number by the day. One of the comments below the video strongly recommended googling America Freedom to Fascism and finding the 111 minute video there which I did.

I noticed the name and recognized Aaron Russo as the producer of the film when I started to watch it. He was a very passionate contender for the nomination during the Libertarian Party national convention which I watched on Cspan.

I have not watched it all the way through yet. Just the first few minutes of it. So far it appears to be a very professional production and promises to be widely watched by Ron Paul supporters. The subject is the income tax and the Federal Reserve. Ron Paul is going to be in this film as well.

I think that if this film is as impressive and enlightening as it appears so far to be that it might have a profound effect across the country which could influence the campaign for president in an unprecedented manner to the advantage of all of us.

If you know what I mean.

I encourage you, dear and gentle reader, to find the time to watch this film! Do so in installments by using the pause feature if you must.

This film should be shown in every public school in the country to our children who are not learning this lesson there otherwise. Actually that is too much to hope for now, but they will watch it online instead. Not only will they learn about our currency, the tax thing, the Federal Reserve thing, but also they will realize that the public schools have let them down as well!

Maybe that is what is meant by the Ron Paul Revolution. I mean that this whole Ron Paul campaign is starting a REVOLUTION which will change our society. I mean it will..., I MEAN IT WILL CHANGE OUR SOCIETY ONCE AND FOR ALL AT LAST!

Can't you feel it yet? It is beginning to happen! It is going to happen! Free at last! Free at last! If only Ayn Rand had lived to see it too! We are going to be free at last!

Here is the link unless you want to google AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM

http://tinyurl.com/22sfw3

galt.

Actually, I look to Eric Hoffer's The True Believer.

This production is for people who feel powerless and need an explanation that they can understand. In the first few minutes of this film...

1. Bankers are evil. How many bankers do you know? In fact, as a member of my local chamber of commerce, bankers are more common than retail clerks, maybe a third of our 300 members. They are not an exciting lot. A plan to control the world is outside their "box." But if you do not know any bankers, then they are mysterious, alien and potentially threatening.

2. Everyone in Congress knows that the income tax is a fraud. Again, if all you know about "Congress" what you see on CNN or Fox, then, Congress is a single entity, a small cabal, mysterious and far away. On the other hand, if you actually know your Congressional representative socially, then they are just nice people, easy to get along with, and lacking much else between their ears.

2.a. Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead. Yet, 50 different Congresses of 300... 400... people each have kept this secret ... from you. They kept it from you, if you are ignorant, poor (poor because you are ignorant) disaffected, and blaming everyone else for your lack of whatever it is you think you lack.

3. The income tax was enacted in 1913, but withholding tax was not enacted until World War II. Those bankers... slow... methodical... scheming... planning... conniving... able to pass on to their descendants this diabolical scheme... and never does anyone let the secret out...

4. Gold was never illegal. Read here. Even if it was, it has been perfectly openly legal and sold by the US Mint itself at market prices for over 30 years... an entire generation. So, let the dollar go through the wringer as long as you have your Eagles or Buffalos (or Krugerrands or Austrian Philharmonics or British Sovereigns or French Roosters.)

5. At a Libertarian Party convention, I once traded an ounce of silver for a six-pack of homemade beer. You make your own world. If your world is a paranoiac conspiracy-driven fascist dictatorship, then you need to live in the woods, far from the enemy -- not that that helped Randy Weaver -- or maybe just lay low in the city -- the urban vonu -- or something else, perhaps. But, in any event, it is your responsibility to live your life according to your understanding of the world. These fear mongering rightwing (or, hey, leftwing, if you want: you can find this anti-capitalist nonsense there as well) demogogues want your loyalty for reasons of their own.

6. This "revelation" about the banking conspiracy is as old as banking. I remember it from the John Birch days of the 1960s and it was old then.

Can't you feel it yet? It is beginning to happen! It is going to happen! Free at last! Free at last! If only Ayn Rand had lived to see it too! We are going to be free at last!

Here is the link unless you want to google AMERICA: FREEDOM TO FASCISM

http://tinyurl.com/22sfw3

galt.

The Federal System that the Founders signed off on ceased to exist after the Civil War. The 14-th and 15-th amendments subordinated State sovereignty to that of the central government and the final blow was struck with the 17-th amendment that required the Senate to be popularly elected. After that the Senate was no longer the voice of the States. It was all over by 1865. We no longer had a Federal Government. We had a National Government, which then proceeded to regulate interstate commerce in a manner never intended by the Founders. It is not the Federal Reserve system that has undone us, it is this perversion of the concept of the regulation of interstate commerce.

Ba'al Chatzaf

One of the few times I agree completely with Bob. The Civil War ended federalism. The Legal Tender Cases voided gold clause contracts and validity of private contracts in the wider sense. Very small stepwise hop from fiat greenbacks to the Federal Reserve. No chance whatever of reversing hot air populist fascism now. None whatever.

The Ron Paul campaign continues to expand and gain momentum, largely grassroots and spontaneous. It's healthy and apple pie American. I like Ron Paul and his supporters. I'm beginning to wonder what happens next, when Ron Paul is shoved aside, the Fed eases repeatedly (to no effect), and the world economy craters. Wouldn't take much of a shock to kill lending and to start cascading bank failures. The problem is not a question of liquidity, but insolvency.

The cold, hard truth is that foreclosures are serving only to hasten the painful process of shifting housing prices back to a level the market can sustain. Prices must and will fall. Everywhere. Probably 25% to 30% from their peak. 2008 is the year when gravity will reassert itself.

(Christopher Thornberg, Beacon Economics, LA Times 12/28/07)

W.

see Q3 2007 Deloiitte report and LA Times: New cars are loaded with debt

Edited by Wolf DeVoon