2008 Summer Seminar location

Michael Stuart Kelly

Just released from the TAS Site:

Summer Seminar 2008 - Portland, Oregon!

The Atlas Society's 19th annual Summer Seminar will be held June 28-July 5 at the University Place Hotel and Conference Center and at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon.

University Place is a hotel and conference center with amenities that include a swimming pool. It is located at the Portland State University campus, and near Portland's lively and charming downtown. Summer Seminar sessions will take place at University Place. For budget-minded participants, dormitory accomodations and cafeteria dining will also be available at other nearby Portland State University facilities.

If you have ever wanted to explore the ideas of Ayn Rand or live for a week in a benevolent, open-minded Objectivist society, mark out July 28-July 5 on your 2008 calendar.

The Summer Seminar will sizzle with its traditional intellectual energy, and the setting will be more comfortable and convenient than ever.

And all the delights of the Portland Area, Mount Hood, and the Columbia River gorge will be at hand.

Cool.

Michael

A quick look at the TAS web site suggests TAS has responded to the complaints of last year.

Many of the participants last year did not like the dorms at Towson. A quick look suggests the conference center is much nicer.

Just released from the TAS Site:
Summer Seminar 2008 - Portland, Oregon!

The Atlas Society's 19th annual Summer Seminar will be held June 28-July 5 at the University Place Hotel and Conference Center and at Portland State University in Portland, Oregon.

University Place is a hotel and conference center with amenities that include a swimming pool. It is located at the Portland State University campus, and near Portland's lively and charming downtown. Summer Seminar sessions will take place at University Place. For budget-minded participants, dormitory accomodations and cafeteria dining will also be available at other nearby Portland State University facilities.

If you have ever wanted to explore the ideas of Ayn Rand or live for a week in a benevolent, open-minded Objectivist society, mark out July 28-July 5 on your 2008 calendar.

The Summer Seminar will sizzle with its traditional intellectual energy, and the setting will be more comfortable and convenient than ever.

And all the delights of the Portland Area, Mount Hood, and the Columbia River gorge will be at hand.

Cool.

Michael

For those of you who have never been, Portland is awesome. I lived there for 9 months during an Intel startup.

Jim

If all goes well, Becky and I will be attending. She teaches right up to the 27th, so we'd make the 28th our travel day. Also, we now can start to make arrangements for Rachel's care; she has an invitation to spend 7-10 days in Georgia with a former classmate, so we're hoping they will allow her to come during the Summer Seminar time slot. We really could use a nice vacation, away from home, and away from child-care responsibilities for a week or so!

Also, I have my fingers crossed for my proposed mini-series of lectures, "Tetrachotomies, Who Needs Them?" Perhaps Will Thomas will announce the list of accepted proposals this week...

REB