Attilia Strikes Again

Aggrad02

http://www.cnn.com/2006/BUSINESS/05/01/bol...s.ap/index.html

From the Article:

LA PAZ, Bolivia (AP) -- President Evo Morales has decreed he is nationalizing Bolivia's vast natural gas industry, sending soldiers to occupy gas fields and threatening to evict foreign companies unless they give the Andean nation control over the entire chain of production.

and then two paragraphs later:

The companies had six months to agree to new contracts or leave Bolivia, he said.

So the choices are sign our contract(so that we can take your production) while we point a gun to your head, or we are going to take your production at the point of a gun anyways. Wouldn't it be grand if the companies just shrugged and blew up the chain of production instead. If I was CEO of one of the companies I would be tempted.

This was something funny from the article:

In Madrid, Spain's Foreign Ministry expressed "deep concern" about the decree to nationalize the hydrocarbons sector.

"The government hopes that in the 180 days period announced by the Bolivian president for foreign companies to regularize their current contracts, there is authentic negotiation and dialogue between the government and the different companies in which each other's interests are respected," the ministry said in a statement.

This statement left me flabbergasted. The minister hopes the thug who is pointing the gun at him will negotiate with his (the minister's) interest in mind. HE IS POINTING A GUN AT YOU. I wonder if he would expect a stick up man to respect his interest as he is mugging him.

But he has also said that nationalization will not mean a complete state takeover, because Bolivia lacks the ability to tap all its natural gas on its own.

Ah yes, Bolivia still needs the producer because they are incapable of producing themselves, because they are looters. Any company who stays under such a government to continue to produce for them is insane, their day of slaughter is around the corner.

Reading this article is sickening. I really hope in the near future we are able to produce an effective alternative fuel, not because I want cheaper energy, but for world stability and rationality. The only way these thugs (Chavez, Morales) hold power is by promising their poor that they would loot the rich oil companies and redistribute the money. I can't wait for the day that these latin "workers" learn, just like the soviet workers learned, that destroying producers does not create wealth.

Dustan