Thoughts on individual rights

Michael Stuart Kelly

We won't be really free until taxes are eliminated. Until then you work for the government from Jan 1 to May 15 (roughly), whether you want to or not.

For the record, I am not against income tax in general, I was referring to the practice of taxing someone who doesn't make enough money to live on. For example, in Canada you can make around $8000 before you have to start paying income tax and I'm thinking you need around $20,000 just to get by so where do they come off taxing you? Meanwhile, if you make lots of money you can pay expensive lawyers, accountants, financial advisors, etc. to make sure you pay as little tax as possible. The system is definitely skewed towards the wealthy. Another thing in Canada, the government runs the Employment Insurance program and every year it makes $20-30 billion more in premiums than it pays out - that's a nice disguised tax on the the poor as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob,

You apparently did not understand my position yet.

You believe that freedom CAN exist and be identified. GS does not.

Michael

"freedom" is a word, the question is what do you or I or anyone else think it represents? Obviously it exists on verbal levels.

"freedom" is a word, the question is what do you or I or anyone else think it represents? Obviously it exists on verbal levels.

When you see people doing stuff that could be interfered with but is not, that is a manifestation of freedom. It can be observed. Therefore it is Out There. Objective stuff is Out There. Subjective stuff is In Here.

Ba'al Chatzaf