Atlas Listing on Amazon

Chris Grieb

Atlas is listed in Amazon's top one hundred. It's been 50 years!

AS has always sold well. But that does not mean Objectivism is catching on. The reason why it sells well is because it is an interesting and well written novel.

Since 1957, our society and economy has become more redistributionist and more regulated.

And I don't see altruism dying out either.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Bob; What is the top income tax rate. In 1957 it was 91%. I think it's less now.

That was the tax in the top bracket. But we are still regulated up the Ying Yang. Now you can't even have a candy machine in a high school any more or say unkind things about women in an educational institution.

And we now have "hate crimes". Something we did not have in 1957.

Objectivism has not won the day. Not even close.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Chris,

Bob has difficulty with obvious facts sometimes. Thee are lots of "interesting and well written novels" that no longer sell. Even ones that deal with universal themes. So that can't be the only reason that Atlas Shrugged is still around, but he says it is.

The quality of the ideas and shining vision of how life could be are hard for him to admit in public.

EDIT: On the other end, I wonder how much any mass purchase of these books, say by ARI from donated grants for free distribution, influences these figures.

Michael