Yet another grandkid!

Hey, everyone -- I'm a grandpa again. Today one of my two step-daughters gave birth (via C-section) to a 5 lb. 12 oz. boy named Augustine (or Auggie), and mother and baby are doing well. I'm one of two unofficial grandfathers of the baby, though his mother said she wants the baby to think of me as his grandfather, since (in her words) I was more of a father to her than her own dad. (Said person having seriously damaged his relationship with his daughter by referring to her baby as a b******, since she and the baby's father are unmarried.)

Last month, I got to visit my four other grandkids in Nashville, Tennessee, and it was really great. If I find some good photos in the batch I just sent in for processing, I'll try to figure out how to post them, so you can see what trickle-down genetics has accomplished with my genes. :-)

REB

Roger,

Congratulations.

And yes, when your pictures come out, I would love for you to post them. I am highly interested in seeing how you reproduce. I hope your grandkids did not come out with a fully formed embouchures.

:)

If you run into any difficulties, please Kat or let me know. It's really easy once you learn how.

Michael

Roger,

Congratulations.

And yes, when your pictures come out, I would love for you to post them. I am highly interested in seeing how you reproduce. I hope your grandkids did not come out with a fully formed embouchures.

:)

If you run into any difficulties, please Kat or let me know. It's really easy once you learn how.

Michael

Once I learn how? Excuse me! I've been reproducing for about 30 years now, and I haven't experienced any difficulties, except with a previous partner who didn't adequately appreciate my finer qualities. :-/

Seriously, bear with me, and I'll send along the photos in some form or other. My "natural" grandkids will be in one batch, and my step-grandson will be in another. And any help you can give in sizing, formating, etc. will be GREATLY appreciated. I'm somewhat last-century about all this stuff...

reb

Congratulations Roger and Mother of baby.

Here is a lullably to add to the repertoire of the Mother:

WIEGENLIED

Traume, traume, du mein susses Leben,

Von dem Himmel, der dei Blumen bringt.

Bluten schimmern da, die leben

Von dem Lied, das deine Mutter singt.

Traume, traume, Knospe meiner Sorgen

Von dem Tage, da die Blume spross;

Von dem hellen Blutenmorgen,

Da Dein Seelchen sich der Welt erschloss.

Traume, traume, Blute meiner Liebe,

Von der stillen, von der heilgen Nacht,

Da dei Blumen seiner Liebe

Diese Welt zum Himmel mir gemacht.

Richard Dehmel

For the trombone part, see Strauss.