The Passion Of Ayn Rand - What Goes Around

YouTube video edited by "deltarose"

On YouTube, sometimes amateurs make their own video-clips using what they can, which usually means pre-recorded DVD's and CD's. One such person took scenes from the The Passion Of Ayn Rand movie and wedded them to a song by Justin Timberlake, "What Goes Around," and made the above clip.

For the first 45 seconds or so I thought it was tiring, but as the music progressed, I was seduced into leaving the Objectivist mindset and seeing this from the eyes of the young. Then I was able to enjoy it as an expression of pop culture. Frankly, I think it came off well. It worked.

It was absolutely refreshing to think of this whole thing from a new perspective of universal emotions. What a breath of fresh air! In a strange manner, it moved Objectivist history out of the nasty little limbo from where I have viewed it in my head out into the real world of love and betrayal and romance and memories and heartbreak. This whole episode in the lives of Ayn, Frank, Nathaniel and Barbara belongs to the history of mankind, not as the goings-on of super-creatures who managed to be above reality, but simply as good sincere men and women who lived and loved intensely and got trapped by their conflicting desires. After journeying through the fetid catacombs of PARC so long, it was a blessing to see the affair from this angle.

We Objectivists are part of mankind and society, folks! We are normal human beings! We are not freaks!

:)

On the YouTube site, there are gushes from some users for the clip and several are saying they want to see the movie because if it. Obviously, an orthodox-sounding Objectivist had to pop up to crap on the good vibes of the young, but they blew him off.

Michael

• 1 month later...

YouTube video edited by "deltarose"

On YouTube, sometimes amateurs make their own video-clips using what they can, which usually means pre-recorded DVD's and CD's. One such person took scenes from the The Passion Of Ayn Rand movie and wedded them to a song by Justin Timberlake, "What Goes Around," and made the above clip.

For the first 45 seconds or so I thought it was tiring, but as the music progressed, I was seduced into leaving the Objectivist mindset and seeing this from the eyes of the young. Then I was able to enjoy it as an expression of pop culture. Frankly, I think it came off well. It worked.

It was absolutely refreshing to think of this whole thing from a new perspective of universal emotions. What a breath of fresh air! In a strange manner, it moved Objectivist history out of the nasty little limbo from where I have viewed it in my head out into the real world of love and betrayal and romance and memories and heartbreak. This whole episode in the lives of Ayn, Frank, Nathaniel and Barbara belongs to the history of mankind, not as the goings-on of super-creatures who managed to be above reality, but simply as good sincere men and women who lived and loved intensely and got trapped by their conflicting desires. After journeying through the fetid catacombs of PARC so long, it was a blessing to see the affair from this angle.

We Objectivists are part of mankind and society, folks! We are normal human beings! We are not freaks!

:)

On the YouTube site, there are gushes from some users for the clip and several are saying they want to see the movie because if it. Obviously, an orthodox-sounding Objectivist had to pop up to crap on the good vibes of the young, but they blew him off.

Michael

Yes, Michael. The sheer drama of the story has always left me breathless. Nathaniel and Barbara amaze me - as survivors.

Alfonso