McCain: 15,825 [6925] [6305] [1795] [800]

Romney: 3,551 [2,051] [0] [1500] [0]

Giuliani: 2,320 [1,450] [370] [250] [250]

Hunter: 1000 [0] [1000] [0]

Huckabee: 750 [250] [0] [500]

Tancredo: 350 [350] [0] [0]

Brownback: 71 [71] [0] [0]

Thompson: 0 [0] [0] [0]

Units are contributions in dollars by employees of the respective military organizations.

Source: Finance Reports for the 2007 July Quarterly.

Percentages:

52.53% Ron Paul

35.4% McCain

7.9% Romney

5.2% Giuliani

2.2% Hunter

2.6% Others

*Note: These statistics include the contributions of employees who recorded or indicated their military branch. Contributions where no employer was specified were naturally not included.

Dustan;

This is an interesting report. Perhaps the military see where the country prorities should be.

C-Span had a report about contributors to the various campagins that reported the singer Barry Manilow had given money to Dr. Paul.

This is great, if true. But Ron Paul still doesn't seem very presidential. He needs a heck of a lot more energy, authority, conciseness, eloquence, gravitas, charisma, evident intelligence, solid knowledge of the issues, or something. Some combo of two or three of these at least!

Ron Paul doesn't even seem to know or care how terribly far behind he is in the polls. Nor how stunningly indifferent most people are to him. Where's the fire in the belly?!

Maybe he could show he's a tough guy by promising to take out Iran's nukes forthwith -- but with no follow-up occupation or "teaching democracy."

What's his position on Iran anyway? Better not be dialog, negotiation, and compromise.

Edited by Kyrel Zantonavitch

This is great, if true. But Ron Paul still doesn't seem very presidential. He needs a heck of a lot more energy, authority, conciseness, eloquence, gravitas, charisma, evident intelligence, solid knowledge of the issues, or something. Some combo of two or three of these at least!

Ron Paul doesn't even seem to know or care how terribly far behind he is in the polls. Nor how stunningly indifferent most people are to him. Where's the fire in the belly?!

Maybe he could show he's a tough guy by promising to take out Iran's nukes forthwith -- but with no follow-up occupation or "teaching democracy."

What's his position on Iran anyway? Better not be dialog, negotiation, and compromise.

He doesn't believe that Iran is a threat and would try dialog, negotiation, and compromise first. He thinks the real problem is Pakistan. He thinks Bin Laden is there and that the government of Pakistan has no control over the region where he is at.

*Note: These statistics include the contributions of employees who recorded or indicated their military branch. Contributions where no employer was specified were naturally not included.

I will lay a fifty dollar bet the Ron Paul is not nominated to run for POTUS as a Republican. Since the amount is modest you can be sure I will pay up if I lose. Are you up to a bet?

I will bet a further one hundred dollars that if he is by some odd chance nominated he will lose to whoever the Democrats nominate. Care to take the bet?

Ba'al Chatzaf

I will lay a fifty dollar bet the Ron Paul is not nominated to run for POTUS as a Republican. Since the amount is modest you can be sure I will pay up if I lose. Are you up to a bet?

I will bet a further one hundred dollars that if he is by some odd chance nominated he will lose to whoever the Democrats nominate. Care to take the bet?

Ba'al Chatzaf

The first bet deserves 10 to 1 odds. The second, 5 to 1.

U're sneaky--trying to get some money outta the other guy's political/ideological emotional hubris. Shame, shame!

--Brant

Ba'al Chatzaf

I'll Bet.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I'll Bet.

You are on. We are both on record.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf

I'll Bet.

Dustan,

Brant is absolutely right. You are taking a sucker bet. Ba'al should at the very least offer long odds, since the chance of Ron Paul winning either the GOP nomination or the presidential nomination (should he win the GOP nomination) are extremely low. To take this bet at even odds is not very prudent. Be prepared to lose your hundred dollars. By the way, of course, I really hope you win!

Martin

Ba'al Chatzaf

I'll Bet.

Dustan,

Brant is absolutely right. You are taking a sucker bet. Ba'al should at the very least offer long odds, since the chance of Ron Paul winning either the GOP nomination or the presidential nomination (should he win the GOP nomination) are extremely low. To take this bet at even odds is not very prudent. Be prepared to lose your hundred dollars. By the way, of course, I really hope you win!

Martin

I am not betting him to make money. If that were the case I could go to gambling sites and get good odds. I firmly believe that Ron Paul is going to win, and I am putting my money where my mouth is. $50 is not an overbearing amount for me, so it is no big deal. Plus when RP wins the Rep nomination, Ba'al $50 is going straight to the Ron Paul campaign as a donation. :)

Dustan, I see you are, say we say, young--idealistically young. You are throwing yourself against raw reality. SALUDE! (sic?)!

In 1964 I was, as we might say--YOU! That is, 20 years old. I was in basic training in Ft. Ord, CA. I was all for Barry Goldwater--this was 1964--and I made a bet against a realist that Barry would win the election (the only election I ever wanted desperately to vote in but couldn't because of my age) (never mind I was being trained to KILLL for my country)--I am inebriated as I write this [but pretty good, huh?]--anyway, I knew, rationally knew, he wouldn't, couldn't win, but I put the bet down anyway! One way or the other I was going to stand up for my Senator (whom I have always loved and admired). I was consumed by love and faith and hope, not just for him but my country!

Anyway, thumbs up to you! The money doesn't matter; you'll always have the idealism you have honored.

--Brant

Edited by Brant Gaede

What's [Ron Paul's] position on Iran anyway? Better not be dialog, negotiation, and compromise.

He doesn't believe that Iran is a threat and would try dialog, negotiation, and compromise first...

Haven't the Europeans been trying this for 5 years now with zero positive results, but with much moral legitimacy and political power given to the Iranian dictators? How will Paul even remotely dialog better with these monsters? Will he back his words with any physical threat whatsoever (the only language tyrants understand)?

The end result of President Paul seems like it will be a quick nuclear-armed Iran. And soon enough other jihadi governments and groups will probably have nukes too. This includes Al Qaida, the Taliban, Hezbollah, Hamas, Fatah, the Muslim Brotherhood, etc.

Will this be a better, safer, or more libertarian world?!

Edited by Kyrel Zantonavitch