Recovered thread - full of the holy spirit

full of the holy spirit

On June 29, 2007 a poster named Aeaeae sent me pdf backups of 23 threads he had on file. I offer my most heartfelt thanks to him for allowing OL to recover the present thread that was previously lost. I am posting this thread as a series of image files since extracting the text from the Acrobat file would entail an enormous volume of work. For easier file handling due to size, I am giving one Acrobat page per post. This was part of OL's history and I am glad to recover it.

The link given in the first post now goes to the following message on You Tube:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Reverend Robert Tilton

FulloftheHolySpirit1a-5.jpg

FulloftheHolySpirit1b-5.jpg

You're welcome Michael.

I'm glad to see that there are recovered threads that made it outside the Garbage Pile. For a moment, I thought I was in the habit of reading garbage (probably true, HAHA).

I'ved tried to recover the text from the pdf files. It appears the program I used to output the file uses nonstandard word spacers - copy/pasting the text results in no spaces between words. I tried some freeware pdf-to-txt converters, but alas, with the same depressing result. For what it's worth, decompressing the pdf file gives a text in the following format:

(The)-315.5(text)-314.2(is)-316.1(written)-320.7(like)-319.9(this)-312(.)

I'm quite handy with computers, but I have no idea what the numbers and parentheses mean. If anyone here knows how to get rid of these, well, post away! When I get irritated enough I'll probably review my regex and blast them all to heck. Worst comes to worse, OCR could do it, with some more labor.

So much for being a Portable Document Format.

There was one thread I lost; "Thoughts on Aging" by Barbara Branden. The thread that exists here is much shorter than the one I recall. Sadly, it was the one I was reading when the site went down. Refreshing the browser meant the cache was overwritten. Damn. I would have traded it for that blasted "Apology" thread (which I liked when it was fresh), or all the garbage threads for that matter.

I can output the PDF files to rtf, but formatting and checking become a royal headache. I might do this later and tack it on at the end because of being able to include the texts in the search function. I do like the images up, though. They remind me of how the forum used to be.

I still have about 3 threads to go.

Michael