Ron Paul Wins Big in First New Hampshire Straw Poll

Press Release: Ron Paul Wins Big

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

July 7, 2007

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – Presidential candidate Ron Paul today won the Coalition for New Hampshire Taxpayers (CNHT) straw poll at their annual picnic in Hopkinton, New Hampshire. Dr. Paul received 182 of 294 votes cast, or 65 percent. In second place was Rudy Giuliani with 24 votes, or 8 percent.

"Today's strong victory is further proof that Dr. Paul's message is resonating throughout New Hampshire," said campaign manager Lew Moore. "Dr. Paul is the only candidate in this race truly dedicated to smaller government and lower taxes for all Americans."

CNHT is a statewide, grassroots organization dedicated to reducing the size of government at all levels, stopping judicial activism, providing students and parents with a choice of educational opportunities, expanding job markets, and protecting property rights.

-30-

I would say that this sound like good news. New Hampshire has a strong streak of Libertarian sentiment so Dr. Paul could do very well.

It also has a strong peace sentiment too. In the last election both Congressional seats were taken by anti-war Democrats.

I would say that these are Dr. Paul's strongest issues.

Edited by Chris Grieb

Press Release: Ron Paul Wins Big

The only straw poll that counts is the one held on the first Tuesday of November 2008.

The Democrats are going to win if they run a half-way plausible candidate. What is even more troubling is that they will also control Congress.

We shall pay dearly for not winning the war in Iraq, which we should not have fought in the first place. We should have attacked North Korea and Iran.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ron Paul appeared this Sunday morning in an interview with George Stephanopolis which i suppose was seen by several million potential voters. I thought Paul was composed and not rattled by George's comment that "you are not going to win!" Paul was shown in his 1988 campaign as the Libertarian candidate for president which is now no longer a secret to those who weren't aware. Paul has been presenting himself as a conservative and one will have to wait to see if this realization costs him any votes among the conservatives. Paul did express the notiont that his fund raising might continue to quadruple.

He did get to mention that his appeal is due to the untapped multitudes who value freedom from government.

galt