Another Ruby Ridge coming?

John Dailey

~ Anyone familiar with this situation going on in Plainfield N.H.?

~ Seems like just another of those rare (by MSM reportings) :rofl: IRS-vs-'the little man' incidents, but, officially only the local police are involved. Prob is...apparently covert other things also are, ostensibly all over a mere alleged 'tax-evasion' situation. The blog's worth reading for those paranoids (and, some paranoids HAVE BEEN correct) who distrust anything the govt says they're doing or not doing.

~ Check out...The Browns (No; nothing to do with Charlie or Jimmy)

~ Comments welcome.

LLAP

J:D

Edited by John Dailey

John --

The Browns are making the point that there is no law mandating that they pay the income tax.

There's a book called "Cracking the Code" by the former IRS man and current legal researcher named Peter Eric Hendrickon.

The premise of this book is that the constitutional impediment to capitation taxes still holds, the 16th Amendment notwithstanding. He traces a continuous chain of laws, precedents, and court-recognized legal definitions, back to the first income tax under Abraham Lincoln in 1862, and shows that the income tax is an excise tax (a tax on an PRIVILEGED, OPTIONAL activity), that only applies to the following people:

(1) Federal Officials,

(2) Federal Employees,

(3) Federal Contractors,

(4) Compensated Officers of Federally-Chartered Corporations, and

(5) Residents of Federal Territories (DC, Puerto Rico, Guam).

Please note that receiving payment in exchange for labor, i.e., earning a living, is not considered a privileged or an optional activity, and is thus NON-TAXABLE.

Anybody else paying taxes to the IRS is taking part in "VOLUNTARY COMPLIANCE".

Now I know of several people who have filed tax returns, and for years have gotten ALL TAX WITHHOLDING refunded, even including FICA and Medicare taxes, based on these claims, no questions asked by the IRS.

(Please note that I have followed the logic, and believe at least a few of his precedent citations prove the opposite point of what he is trying to make. And having run afoul of the IRS several times in my life, I am not willing to risk another 10 or 15 of the last 20 years I have to live, living on the run from them. So I say take it with a grain of salt.)

Happy reading!

Steve

John --

The Browns are making the point that there is no law mandating that they pay the income tax.

There's a book called "Cracking the Code" by the former IRS man and current legal researcher named Peter Eric Hendrickon.

The premise of this book is that the constitutional impediment to capitation taxes still holds, the 16th Amendment notwithstanding. He traces a continuous chain of laws, precedents, and court-recognized legal definitions, back to the first income tax under Abraham Lincoln in 1862, and shows that the income tax is an excise tax (a tax on an PRIVILEGED, OPTIONAL activity), that only applies to the following people:

(1) Federal Officials,

(2) Federal Employees,

(3) Federal Contractors,

(4) Compensated Officers of Federally-Chartered Corporations, and

(5) Residents of Federal Territories (DC, Puerto Rico, Guam).

Please note that receiving payment in exchange for labor, i.e., earning a living, is not considered a privileged or an optional activity, and is thus NON-TAXABLE.

Anybody else paying taxes to the IRS is taking part in "VOLUNTARY COMPLIANCE".

Now I know of several people who have filed tax returns, and for years have gotten ALL TAX WITHHOLDING refunded, even including FICA and Medicare taxes, based on these claims, no questions asked by the IRS.

(Please note that I have followed the logic, and believe at least a few of his precedent citations prove the opposite point of what he is trying to make. And having run afoul of the IRS several times in my life, I am not willing to risk another 10 or 15 of the last 20 years I have to live, living on the run from them. So I say take it with a grain of salt.)

Happy reading!

Steve

Folks can always refuse to file and end up devoid of property and perhaps keeping Howard Schiff company in prison.

The gummint has the guns and they will collect, by hook or by crook.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Steve:

~ THIS'll keep me busy for a while. And I'm nowhere near through with Boydstun's 'Objectivity' site (reminds me: gotta comment to him on that.)

Baal:

~ Sorry to say, gotta agree with you on THAT baby. Only 'single' crusaders can help the likes of The Browns nowadays...without jeopardizing their own families' needs.

All:

~ Still, my point was really about whether or not 'The Feds' are specifically, actually involved apart from the police acting on the IRS' directive? Are the local police the ONLY ones directly involved here (as rumored, NOT), as the police say?

~ Or...is there something to a 3rd-party looker-on's paranoid's concern about some allegedly covert 'watchers'-in-camo from...whatever alphabet?

LLAP

• 3 weeks later...

~ I'm not up on the latest memos to police-manual procedures, but, since when is 'a show of force' a part of 'surveillance' (aka 'stakeout')?

~ Re my original question about 'the Feds': how much a 'show of force' can a local police-force (NH, fer cripes' sakes?) show (and, it is, supposedly, only 'show', right? Not preparation?)...without 'help' from...whatever Depts?

~ Clearly though, the Browns intend a 'showdown' of some sort.

LLAP

PS: Anyone caught ANY ref to this on CNN or FOX? At all? If not, that itself, by now, is interesting.

Edited by John Dailey

• 2 months later...