A new Bushism

Aggrad02

But the diplomacy surrounding the issue seemed a bit fuzzy when Bush was asked about his call for a deadline on U.N. action on Kosovo.

"First of all, I don't think I called for a deadline, I thought I said (timetable)," Bush said.

Responding to the reporter, who could not be heard, Bush responded, "I did, what exactly did I say? I said deadline? OK ... Then I meant what I said."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/06/10/bus...rope/index.html

Aside from being funny. This shows that Bush sometimes has no input into the policies he is advocating. If you cannot remember whether you said timetable or deadline, then you obviously are not the one making the policy or considering them.

Edited by Aggrad02

Aside from being funny. This shows that Bush sometimes has no input into the policies he is advocating. If you cannot remember whether you said timetable or deadline, then you obviously are not the one making the policy or considering them.

Yes, well I doubt Bush writes much of his speeches at any rate.

I have two favorites Bush pronouncements.

1. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!" (The link is to the OL mention at the time.)

He is talking about the US Constitution. This article seems to be no longer in the archives of The Capital Blue, but it was widely commented on at the time. See here and here and here, for example. If you Google it, it's all over the place.

2. Video:

Here is a small flip fest:

bush_flipping_finger-3.jpg

bush_flipping_finger-1.jpgbush_flipping_finger-2.jpg

I didn't make any of this up. This is our Commander in Chief.

Michael