Bioshock - Rand makes it to video games

~ It does appear that there is a massively emotional 'knee-jerk' response there...as if BioShock was written by Toohey and about turning AS (er, Galt's Gulch) itself into a vid-game, rather than the game's use of only some of Rand's ideas as a springboard (and we know what using only 'part' of O'ist ideas results in, don't we?)

~ Now if Levine anywhere hinted that "Here's what's wrong with O'ism; here's what's inevitable," hey, I'd join the castigating crowd. The worse thing he's said is that it's an 'extreme' philosophy (or some equivalent thereby). Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rand would have no prob with that, hmmm?

~ Methinks there's one hell of a Rush-To-Judgement there...especially by non-players skimming through a few biased interviews/analyses.

LLAP

J:D

Edited by John Dailey

~ Last point on this (well, for now...'till I play it :drool: )...

~ I think the biggest prob (apart from allowed hucksters in the Rapture's past community using refs to capitalistic marketing hype re 'virtues' in O'ism) is that Rapture became a dystopia because of someone who shouldn't have been allowed/trusted there (like Zero in THE MATRIX.) Clearly 'screening' procedures for inhabitants weren't all that high-bar set.

~ Like, this COULDN'T happen in Galt's Gulch...sooner or later (and, in Rapture, with all that was developed there, clearly such was later.)

~ Some things some people just GOTTA advertise their 'judgements' from the mountaintops about. Too bad it's too often rationalizing an emotive evaluation rather than reasoning to a bona-fide intellectual one. Guess some just can't see the difference.

LLAP

J:D

Edited by John Dailey