Irony in catholicism

I was sitting in my History of Western Civilization class learning about the Protestant Reformation and Martin Luther. Martin Luther split with the Catholic Church was corrupt. This corruption manifested itself in the form of selling of indulgences.

As I sat and listened to my teacher tell us about selling indulgences, how they worked, and how much they cost, I suddenly got reminded of Francisco's money speech and the conversation between Francisco and James Taggart where Francisco says that he wants to buy his way to heaven.

The entire thing made me burst out laughing which made me tell my teacher why, which gave him a chuckle and as he rolled his eyes at me.

Now, given, the Catholic Church was not selling these for the same reason Francisco would have, but it's still pretty funny.

Jeff;

It's good to have you back.

Roman Catholics will concede that there were many problems with the Church in the 14th and 15th century. Roman Catholics will also say that a rebellion would have occurred within Northern Europe.

On a personal note I suspect that most of your teacher spend their time rolling their eyes about you in the facility lounge. Keep up the good work.