Pentagon Invites Kremlin to Link Missile Systems

Michael Stuart Kelly

Pentagon Invites Kremlin to Link Missile Systems

by Thom Shanker

The New York Times

April 21, 2007

For the love of all that is sacred! I was completely speechless when I read this. I have been humbled by the magnitude of the lunacy.

If anything shows the pure lack of philosophical understanding of the Bush administration, this is it. What on earth do these people think they are doing? If they want to commit suicide, fine. But don't take the whole goddam country with them.

Keeeeeeriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissst!!!

I never thought I would be grateful to the lucidity of the Communists, but thank goodness someone over there understands a bit about philosophy. From the article:

To date, Russian officials have scoffed at any suggestion that Moscow’s objections to American missile defense bases in former Soviet states would be eased by offers of cooperation.

“As for possible cooperation in strategic antimissile defense, honestly speaking, I see no reasons for that,” said Sergei B. Ivanov, a first deputy prime minister who previously served as Russia’s minister of defense, in remarks quoted by the Interfax news agency.

Ivanov at least knows that these things spring leaks all over the place and, with the fundamental philosophical differences still operating, what is peace today is hostility tomorrow.

I swear, Bush will end up electing Hillary Clinton through his own stupidity.

Michael

I see that not many people liked this article.

Everybody OK with getting in bed with Soviet Russia on our missile defense system? Does caviar taste that good all of a sudden?

In case nobody understood, the Pentagon want to make a joint venture with Russia concerning weapons of mass destruction. We protect them and they protect us. All we have to do is let them into our missile weapons operating programs.

For some reason, that does not make me feel too secure.

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

Michael

Has there been any news on this subject? I just caught up with your post and I'm feeling....strange....

Sort of like that scene in Woody Allen's "Bananas", when the leader of the guerilla forces succeeds in taking over the banana republic...he announces that sanitation is a major need, so to guarantee proper sanitation, everyone must now change their underwear EVERY 15 MINUTES...that to guarantee they are doing this, everyone must now wear their underwear on the OUTSIDE.....

Except these guys are SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!?

UNDERWEAR ON THE OUTSIDE?!?!?!?!?!?