Sydney Blacks Out for Global Warming

Michael Stuart Kelly

Sydney Blacks Out for Global Warming

By ROHAN SULLIVAN

March 31, 2007

My Way News

I saw this this other day and the sheer idiocy left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Even if science ends up proving that man can reduce global warming by cutting back on some activities, and even if that proves to be beneficial somehow (and from what I have read so far, the jury is still out on both and promises to be for a long time), how many cities are there in the world? Doing one night in one city doesn't mean anything.

It was only a great publicity stunt for Australian politicians (and I shall not be one who gives their names).

I came across an essay by Ed Hudgins at the TAS website (he had linked to it on RoR) that is a voice of sanity amidst this kind of stupidity.

New Cult of Darkness

by Edward Hudgins

Good job, Ed.

EDIT: This post just crossed with Ed's here on OL, where he posted his article: New Cult of Darkness

Michael

Mike:

~ A thing to think about is, suppose, Just 'Suppose', this fad of 'blacking out' took hold (and you can bet there're some Greenies who'll push this idea for the next year or two) globally, and such occurred in enough sectors of the globe for the ISS to get a noticeable photo of, from the night-side of the earth.

~ Now, does anyone remember the similar photo a while back re a night-time photo of Korea where the North was totally darkened, politically-indigenously, and the South looked like Las Vegas spread across Nevada?

~ Would such an ISS photo of a 'darkened' earth have any positive effect on most who see it re what such would REALLY mean re the ostensible goals of Greenies? --- At this point of our global, and American, civilization, I can only wonder, with no sure idea at all.

LLAP

J:D