Little Miss Monkeyshine

Well, definitely not the film for me, 5 minutes of that stupid music is more than I can stand.

Rick James's "Superfreak" is hardly "stupid music" IMHO. It's the apotheosis of Funk! A true funk MASTERPIECE! Not even George Clinton or Earth Wind & Fire could touch it (pun and props to M.C. Hammer intended).

Well, by Objective Morality, at least one of you is wrong!

--Brant

Kat:

~ Not down yet; caught it. Um-m, must say that, like Mike, I was a bit...non-plussed...like the movie audience, at the beginning; but, not at the end.

~ Jon-Benet certainly came to mind. Yet, apart from her...society...methinks few girls that age wouldn't want to be able to perform like Madonna, Paula Abdul or Janet Jackson (whatever the background...'music.') Strictly speaking, that's really as far as Olive went (including the 'cat-creep' moves). 'Seduction', or rather, for her, its 'performance' mimicry, was there; that's the way adult females perform. Pedos would not yawn at this; here Mike has a concern.

~ However, I really don't think it was intended for such peeps. That the family ad-libbed the rest as background changed whatever it would have ended up as (keeping in mind that Olive said 'the moves were taught her by her g'father'...now in the car-trunk...and I got a gist of what his character was like.)

Mike:

~ I think you're operating from a 'limited-context' worry here.

LLAP

J:D

~ I will re-check LMS, regardless that it seems nothing more than how a dysfunctional family's members can learn to 'connect' with each other (from an obnoxious, dead pseudo-patriarch) and continue on, all based on the enthusiasm of a little girl trying to learn what 'grown-up' means via mimicrying bad American Idol performances.

~ Anyhoo, there's a movie I found difficult to decide as worthy of a separate thread, but, given the subject concern in LMS, it seems apropos here. It's a pedophiliac's nightmare; Hard Candy. Little Miss Sunshine she ain't, and, it's hard to say if the writer's idea of 'justice' went a bit overboard or not. --- Just thought I'd mention it. (I'm surprised it's available in the U.S.)

LLAP

J:D