Earth, Wind & Fire

Robert Jones

Have been listening to Earth, Wind and Fire's LP "All 'n' All," and am swept up in their unique sound, esp. on songs "Jupiter," "Serpentine Fire" and "Fantasy." Maurice White and company have fused the perfect mix of soul, jazz, funk and samba a la Sergio Mendes. It is still as fresh as when I bought this record in 1977 when I was twelve. God, their horn ensembles are TIGHT -- like Fred Wesley and Maceo Parker on a large scale!

Their other hits are just as timeless: "September," "Let's Groove," "After the Love Is Gone," "Shining Star" and "Getaway."

If you haven't heard these guys, check them out. To me, they are the Sinatra of Soul.

Edited by Robert Jones

• 2 weeks later...

One of favorite bands of all times. Incredible musicians, incredible arrangements, incredible songwriting. I saw them in concert in the 70s when I was a teenager.

One of favorite bands of all times. Incredible musicians, incredible arrangements, incredible songwriting. I saw them in concert in the 70s when I was a teenager.

They are back together, and one of my wishes before I die is to see them live in concert! :):)

Edited by Robert Jones

• 2 months later...

EW&F is absolutely one of the greats. They are able to perform upbeat, positive, happy songs, and also mellow romantic songs. It's hard not to tap your feet or rock your hips when listening to EW&F!

Sinatra of Soul -- not a bad moniker!