-tentative wave-

achaya

I joined Objective Living at the suggestion of my friend Jeff (a thanks is in order) and, after poking about the site for a little bit, realized it might be a good idea to introduce myself.

So, hello, I'm Carly and the forum looks pretty snaztastical. -wave-

...yeah, I was never very good at the whole "online lets introduce yourself in text format" thing. If you want to know more, feel free to drop me a line! :)

Carly!

Another friend of mine from school (but dont expect the other one to stick around). Glad you signed up, hope you enjoy yourself here. HEY!!!!! If you tilted your head a little bit and flipped the picture you'd be in the exact same pose as Rand on the forum banner.

Edited by Jeff Kremer

Carly!

Another friend of mine from school (but dont expect the other one to stick around). Glad you signed up, hope you enjoy yourself here. HEY!!!!! If you tilted your head a little bit and flipped the picture you'd be in the exact same pose as Rand on the forum banner.

What, Moptop not enjoying the forum? He's fun to argue with, too...dang. Sad.

And I didn't notice the picture thing, actually. Cool beans (I actually just used the picture because it's the only half-decent portrait that I did myself...go figure).

:) :devil: :rofl: :nuke: :hyper: :cheer: :frantics: :thumbsup:

Edit: Hey, I just noticed this, but does that last quote on Achaya's (Carly's) signature remind anyone else of Rand's sex scenes?

Edited by Jeff Kremer

Carly; Welcome! If you're half as bright as Jeff you're already a great addition. Enjoy!

Thank you, Chris! I doubt I'm anywhere nearas articulate as Jeff is as far as Objectivism goes, or most anyone on this forum actually (I'm actually fairly new to the whole concept, and I haven't read any books authored by Rand, a fact that Jeff wants to fix) but I'm trying really hard to understand the concept of it and the beliefs that come with it. It's a fascinating subject, espicially for me because I come from a background that taught me to look at the world in an entirely different way that Objectivism advocates. It's pretty snazzy. ^_^

:) :devil: :rofl: :nuke: :hyper: :cheer: :frantics: :thumbsup:

Edit: Hey, I just noticed this, but does that last quote on Achaya's (Carly's) signature remind anyone else of Rand's sex scenes?

Ahh, emoticon spam! Fleee!

And does it now? Well, the entire point of that quote was that James and I were, in fact, NOT doing anything sexual, but attempting to rip the each other's heart out in a loving and friendly manner, but that works too. :)

Carly,

Welcome to OL. I hope you enjoy it here and find some concepts that will challenge you to the core. You don't need to know anything about Objectivism to fit in, really. This will come with reading Rand's books (and they are addictive, so that's easy) and those of other Objectivist thinkers. All you need to do is think with your own mind and that already looks like it is the case.

It's good to meet you. Make yourself at home.

Michael

What makes you think you're as articulate as me in anything else? :getlost: :P Just playing, you know I luv ya.

Well, considering the fact that the literal definition of "articulate" is "uttered clearly in distinct syllables", the fact that I can talk a helluva lot faster than you without stuttering and still being able to be understood? ;)

Game point. Word play is fun.

Did you articulate every syllable when you said "helluva" right then? :cool:

PWN3D

Do you ever articulate when it's 3:45 in the morning? Normal day, I out-articulate you all the time! I enjoy being a lazy typist between midnight and 5 AM.

Rationalized!

Carly,

Welcome to OL. I hope you enjoy it here and find some concepts that will challenge you to the core. You don't need to know anything about Objectivism to fit in, really. This will come with reading Rand's books (and they are addictive, so that's easy) and those of other Objectivist thinkers. All you need to do is think with your own mind and that already looks like it is the case.

It's good to meet you. Make yourself at home.

Michael

Thank you for welcoming me onto this board with open arms. I was a bit apprehensive when Jeff dragged me onto the board...erm, I mean, *encouraged* me, hehe (just kidding Jeff, you know I love you) because I didn't know anything about Objectivism nor exactly what was discussed on the boards themselves. Now that I've looked through the site more, I'm loving it. The people here are insanely friendly (and staying up insanely late by PST standards, is 4 AM always this popular?!?) and it's really great to be able to find a forum that's more than a poorly put together fanclub for [insert random pop culture thing here]. ^_^

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't be afraid to express yourself. We will try and answer them and give you more information then you would ever want to know. I want to add that respect is a great quality and one I admire in Ayn Rand's heroes. I think that this is one place where you are dealing with adults as equals. I'm glad to have you and I think everyone else is.