Man shoots friend in argument over height of late soul singer James Brown

Michael Stuart Kelly

Man shoots friend in argument over height of late soul singer James Brown

January 11, 2007

Breitbart

Now how's that for important news?

These guys were senior citizens, too:

Officers said the men were at a friend's home on Monday when, according to witnesses, the argument over the height of the late "Godfather of Soul" escalated, with Gulley, 70, shooting Brooks, 62, twice in the abdomen.

Brooks went to his car, got a gun and shot at Gulley but missed, then went to the police station, officers said.

Gulley also went to the station and told police he had shot Brooks.

Dayaamm!

I'm glad these guys don't post on Objectivist forums.

Michael

"I'm glad these guys don't post on Objectivist forums."

Michael,

I don't know what will happen in this case you bring to our attention but I wonder if you are aware of what might happen in similar cases where serious damage is done.

If a perpetrator acts up in court during his arraignment he might be seen by a court psychologist. If the fellow continues to be uncooperative during questioning he might be sent to a psychiatric facility within the prison system in most states for evaluation and treatment. If he expresses an irrational belief which is considered to rise to the level of delusion he might get commited for six months to begin with. If he had killed one or more people and continues to hold to his delusional beliefs and refuses to cooperate with an assigned attorney he might be considered to be incompetent to stand trial and subsequently recommited virtually indefinitely. He might appreciate that spending his days in a psychiatric hospital within the prison system is preferable to serving hard time sentenced to life in a state prison.

If he refuses t o take anti psychotic medication a petition for a court order to medicate against his will can be obtained if he is considered to be incompetent to make rational prudent decisions regarding his medical treatment.

Goes on every day.

galt

Michael; Isn't is nice to see people focused on the really important issues. I spend my time worryng about Iraq and income distribution in the US. These guys starting shooting on whether James Brown wore elevator shoes.

"Do you think any of that would make a guy less pissed off when someone mentions his idol wore elevator shoes?"

Michael

No I don't. In fact even the death penalty does not stop certain people from commiting murder. Even in states without the death penalty,convicted murderers often become suicidal because of their guilt.

Not a happy subject.

On another topic, I just saw the new movie with Naomi Watts and Edward Norton and she is eye catching and has a sufficiently intelligent look to make me think she should be in consideration for the role of Dagny. I wonder if anyone else agrees with me. I don't know her at all regarding her own beliefs or philosophy but that is irrelevant. I am not pleased with Jolie for the many reasons others have posted.

I wonder where you were hoping this thread would lead. Irrationality leads to destruction. Our Mr. Bush is a prime example just not as blatant.

galt