Happy 2007

2006 has been a wonderful year of love and friendships found and formed--right here at OL. It has also been a place to find adversarial philosophical debate and also a gracious exchange of ideas between suborn smarty pants-- but lovable-- people. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Would you? 2007 will be even better. Happy New Year!

post-91-1167629776.gifHappy New Year, Everyone !!post-91-1167629776.gif

2007 will without a doubt be a lot better than 2006, although 2006 was extremely good for me in so many ways !! 2007 will mark a very important and exciting event in my life. From there, it's only going to get better.

I hope everyone on OL has a wonderful 2007 and it is very productive and prosperous in the ways you want it to be.

Angie

Happy New Year to all!

Here in greater Bangkok, we had half a dozen bombs go off on New Year’s Eve (bombers not yet identified), but it still a good start on the new year.

In the West it is the year 2007 CE (Christian Era). But here it is now the year 2550 BE (Buddhist Era, since the traditional date of the Buddha’s death).

We have two New Year celebrations here. The first is on January 1, when the calendar changes. The second is on the traditional April 13 (which also coincides with the birthday of Thomas Jefferson). April 13 is Songkrans, at the heart of the hot season here when the heat and the humidity are incredible. During Songkrans people throw water on each other, which is very welcome in the blazing heat.

My philosophy is that the more holidays you can cram into your calendar, the better.

Party on!

-Ross Barlow.

Allow me to join the best wishes for 2007. It looks like it is pouring rain here in our nation's capital. Everyone have a successful and happy 2007. It's fun reading you people. It is one of the first things I do on a daily basis. It is great fun to deal with people who are smarter than me.

Happy New Year, everyone. Here are some pics of me ringing in the New Year with family and friends, many of whom are Objectivists.

PICT0019-1.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

Edited by James Heaps-Nelson

Rodney, you're shameless!!!!
That's not true. Just look:

:blush:

Thanks both of you for your good wishes. (By the way, he starts in the role on my birthday, January 19!)