Hundreds of Turks injured in Muslim animal sacrifice

Michael Stuart Kelly

Does this happen in other Islamic countries during this season? Turkey has a secular government that is willing to reduce the practice. A common Islamic atitude is whatever happens it's Allah's will so someone finding himself sevrely injured would chalk up to Allah.

~ Je-e-e-z; the comments so far show little compassion for the poor buffaloes! They could'a hurt their horns, fer Krishna's (er, Allah's) sakes! Is there no 'liberal'-PETA empathy here? What gored Muslim complained? Let's keep a proper and appropriate irrational perspective here, folks!

LLAP

J:D

Does anyone else find that sort of hilarious? I mean, bad enough that you sacrifice animals, but even worse that you're . . . so. . . BAD at it.

"Get his neck, get his neck!"

"Damn I missed! I stabbed my leg instead!"

"Sonuvabitch! Not again! Say another prayer!"

Where are the professional Allah-inspired-slaughterers here?

~Elizabeth

Edited by ENonemaker

Good. This type of thing makes my inwards warm like a hot toddy and my funny bone is breaking up. Of course the satirist in me loves it—fucking love it. B)

A smile, grimace and scowl came across my face in a strobe light flash when I read this story.

Edited by Victor Pross

There's a joke in here somewhere but I'm just not feeling it yet. Well, sorta...

DUMBASSES comes to mind, of course.

Now, were it not for the animals, I would consider planning strategies that would endorse further behavior such as this. 1179 is not, on the whole, that much, but it's 1179 less dumbasses in the world.

Sigh, but it cannot be so. I fancy myself a dreamer.

Just don't blame it on real religion, guys. This is just primal stupidity at its best. Or, on the other hand, we could ponder how efficiently they illustrated the cause and effect principle.

rde

Just when you really thought you saw the best stupid ever.