Trailer full of broccoli disappears in Chicago suburb

Michael Stuart Kelly

Well, I know my kids didn't do it. They are not that fond of broccoli. Michael may be a suspect though. :unsure:

Hopefully, someone dumped the veggies off at a soup kitchen for Christmas dinner. So far no reports of a roofless homeless shelter in the area. :)

Kat

I work in East Cleveland-- the only city that, while small, can stand up to Chicago as far as funky stuff goes.

My guess: they thought it had either TVs or pot in it. Broccoli and pot are easily confused by some.

Something along that line. I love "henchmen," but to me, this looks simply like a logistical screwup.

It's either that, or those damn hippies.

rde

If I smell one more lesbian wearing pachouli whilst she attempts to serve me fast food, I'm gonna...

rde

pachouli, patchouli, whatever, it all smells like dirty hippie to me. One way or another we still haven't

addressed the farting problem.

This line from the article by Det. Ed Zorich of Chicago has to go down in history as a masterpiece of fine rhetoric.

"We have homicides happening in town," Zorich said. "We're not really looking for a truck of broccoli right now."

At least he's letting me, as a new arrival, know that if I should ever wish to work with broccoli in the future, I better get my own security. The Chicago police force discriminates against produce.

This is meat... er... grist... er... grounds for a new Green Law: an Anti-Cole Crop Discrimination Act.

Maybe a referendum to get started...

Michael