User Preferences and settings

Kat

Note from Administrator: The information in this thread was for the old domain and/or phpp forum software, but it is still mostly valid for the present program (Invision Power Board).

How do I change my settings?

All your settings (if you are registered) are stored in the database. To alter them click the Profile link (at the top of the page, next to the link to check your messages). This will allow you to change all your settings.

The times are not correct!

The times are almost certainly correct; however, what you may be seeing are times displayed in a timezone different from the one you are in. If this is the case, you should change your profile setting for the timezone to match your particular area, e.g. London, Paris, New York, Sydney, etc. Please note that changing the timezone, like most settings, can only be done by registered users. So if you are not registered, this is a good time to do so, if you pardon the pun!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

I changed the timezone and the time is still wrong!

If you are sure you have set the timezone correctly and the time is still different, the most likely answer is daylight savings time (or summer time as it is known in the UK and other places). The board is not designed to handle the changeovers between standard and daylight time so during summer months the time may be an hour different from the real local time. (Is this some kind of cruel joke? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!)

How do I show an image below my username?

There may be two images below a username when viewing posts. The first is an image associated with your rank (the dollar signs or special title). Below this may be a larger image known as an avatar; this is generally a photograph of you. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and they have a choice over the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars then this is the decision of the board admin and you should ask them their reasons (we're sure they'll be good!). You can upload a photo to be your avatar or email it to me at katdaddy@comcast.net to upload it. I can also do any cropping or fixing in Photoshop before uploading.

How do I change my rank?

In general you cannot directly change the wording of any rank (ranks appear below your username in topics and on your profile depending on the style used). We use the sign of the dollar to indicate the number of posts you have made and to identify certain users. For example, moderators and administrators may have a special rank. Please do not abuse the board by posting unnecessarily just to increase your rank -- you will probably find the moderator or administrator will simply lower your post count.

When I click the email link for a user it asks me to log in.Sorry, but only registered users can send email to people via the built-in email form (if the admin has enabled this feature). This is to prevent malicious use of the email system by anonymous users.

Kitten's Katty Komment.... time zone setting does not want to work right and makes me hisssssssssssssss at my computer!