Free market economist Milton Friedman dead at 94

Michael Stuart Kelly

Free market economist Milton Friedman dead at 94

This is one person who will be missed. The economic health of the present USA owes a great deal to his influence on Reagan and Thatcher. (His influence on Thatcher was important because England is the jump-off point for Eurodollars--meaning the spread of USA currency throughout the world.)

RIP Milton Friedman.

Michael

A giant! The first nonficition libertarian book I read was Capitalism and Freedom. We have his books and his ideas. Lets not forget that Milton Friedman helped end the draft. He worked to end drug prohabition. He will be missed. I think we can forgive his introducing the income tax withholding. Although he said his wife never did.

Edited by Chris Grieb

• 3 weeks later...

Tibor Machan also paid tribute to Milton Friedman in the Orange County Register on Sunday, November 26, 2006.

I do not believe too many public intellectuals and academics can reach the level of decency attained by Dr. Milton Friedman. Luckily for us he left a large paper – and media – trail and millions of people here and abroad will be able to learn from it and maybe improve the quality of intellectual life everywhere.