Rosalynn Carter, RIP

Rosalynn Carter, RIP

Rosalynn Carter passed away yesterday.

She was 96.

I tried to find a mention of Jimmy Carter here on OL that would be appropriate to quote, but nobody around here ever had anything good to say about him. So here is a new thread as an homage.

Irrespective of politics, she was a stellar first lady. Her husband and she served honorably in office and led good lives both before and after JCs term of office. 

I disagreed with their politics, but I can never put them into the category of world leaders like Stalin or Nero or Genghis Khan, etc. Jimmy and Rosalynn were America's first couple. They were professional and, according to their beliefs, honorable. 

America was founded to have leaders like them at times. Within that framework, they served well.

I mourn her loss.

She represents a more innocent time in America than today.

President Trump posted a message on Truth Social praising her in a befitting manner.

image.png

Text only:

Melania and I join all Americans in mourning the loss of Rosalynn Carter. She was a devoted First Lady, a great humanitarian, a champion for mental health, and a beloved wife to her husband for 77 years, President Carter.

Over a life spanning nearly a century, Rosalynn Carter earned the admiration and gratitude of our entire nation. From her days as a U.S. Navy spouse, to the Georgia Governor’s Mansion, to her tenure as First Lady of the United States, and her later work at the Carter Center and volunteering with Habitat for Humanity, she leaves behind a legacy of extraordinary accomplishment and national service.

Our prayers are with the former president, the Carter family, and the entire community of Plains, Georgia, that she loved so much!

RIP, Rosalynn Carter.

I wish deep peace for the Carter family.

Michael