Alt Knowledge Sites - Beyond the Establishment

Alt Knowledge Sites - Beyond the Establishment

People who value accuracy and objectivity are so sick of Wikipedia, they could (fill in your favorite icky activity :) ).

For a time now, I have wanted a thread devoted to alternative efforts to provide knowledge that are not AI. So here we are.

And who better to start with than Larry Sanger? Larry is one of the founders of Wikipedia and is no longer on board with them. I have interacted with him on X back when it was Twitter, but it was not much. He probably doesn't remember me. But I admire him.

In the video below, Amy Peikoff is interviewing Larry. Amy's credibility is growing in my eyes. She got out into the world and started doing things, making a difference, rather than talk about it only. Now she's at Bitchute and I am proud of her. I don't like some of the people she hangs with, and she would likely not like me very much, but that has no bearing on her merit. I trust her, even when I disagree with her.

I cannot say that about some others here in O-Land.

Enjoy this video. It's a bit dry, but it's important.

WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

Discussion with Larry Sanger, co-founder of Wikipedia, about the problems with Wikipedia and possible solutions, including the Encyclosphere, which he calls "A Rebel Alliance of Knowledge." Resources: "Wikipedia's Empire--and How to Build A Re…

:)

Michael