The Best Political Pundits I Know - Patrick Bet-David's People

Michael Stuart Kelly

The Best Political Pundits I Know - Patrick Bet-David's People

This was going to be short and sweet, everyone, but once I got started, I had to do it right.

I discovered Patrick Bet-David yesterday and I am now a HUGE fan.

I like a lot of people who do political analysis (Steve Bannon, Tim Pool, Jimmy Dore, Scott Adams, Joe Rogan and so on--sorry, I don't have much from O-Land because Objectivists don't do well with politics :) ).

Patrick's outfit is the best I have come across bar none. Even though they are pundits and interviewers, I put them on par with James Lindsay, Whitney Webb, The Rising Tide Foundation people and some others like that--people who are true political intellectuals

That might be unfair because I only saw half a dozen videos yesterday, but I expect the other videos to be just as good.

I am wondering where the hell have I been?

These guys are great and they do it right. They look at the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful, even with Trump. 

Their main YouTube channels are:

Valuetainment

and 

PDB Podcast

Here are two videos to show their versatility with respect to Trump. These are two hour podcasts, but at Valuetainment, you can find shorter clips from them. If you have the time, I recommend watching both podcasts in their entirety.

The first is from a few weeks ago. They interviewed the biggest Trump hater in the world, Steve Schmidt, the founder of the Lincoln Project.

Schmitt is a jerk, of course. But I was glad to be able to learn some things about him I did not know. I was quite pleased to see he is an expert for real with an asshole complex, not just a run-of-the-mill TDS grifter. I even learned some things about running presidential election campaigns from this interview. 

And they did one of the best interviews I have ever seen with General Mike Flynn:

I also saw interviews with Tom Brady (granted, that's sports, but Patrick opened him up), Roseanne Barr, Ann Coulter, and others. I only scratched the surface and they have tons of videos.

General Flynn said Patrick's take on the World Economic Forum is one of the best overviews out there. I saw it and I agree. This one is shorter, only 20 minutes. :) 

I didn't know who these guys were when I came across a funny video that I posted in the humor section here on OL:

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Before today, I did not know about this Iranian (now American), Patrick Bet-David. And this guy gets millions and millions of views on several social media platforms.

I stumbled across a video of him from 4 years ago talking about storytelling (see here). I liked it, then looked for more.

Look what I came across from just the other day.

Dayaamm!

:)

Enjoy. I will be posting more.

I look forward to discussions that arise from these videos.

These guys, by their nature, make you feel the "command to rise" that Ayn Rand was famous for making people feel. Granted, their inspiration is more in how to do discussions and entrepreneurship, but the command toward excellence is there.

Also, I love the way Patrick does the cognitive before normative no matter how hostile his guest gets.

:) 

Michael

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know so little about Iran.

This interview between Patrick and the son of the deposed Shah is an open window into a different vision than we get in the mainstream. Watch the mainstream and the window is shut. Watch this interview and the window is open.

On a noise-level alone, you perceive two different things.

I like this guy, Reza Pahlavi. I would never want our government to bomb people like him.

Our warmongers here in America, though, would bomb the entire country, not just the government. That would include people like him and his family and friends.

Something to think about.

Michael