When Rand is lacking (Moral code failure)

atlashead

I'm not disparaging Rand.  Obviously she would be helpful were she still alive.  What are some other creators that give you the real thing quick-like food digested up the rectum?
My moral code is failing because I'm encountering problems I honestly had never imagined.
Edit: It's as though I'm living in a hotel room, HUSTLING to get the money to pay the rent.  I can't do anything long-term, it's just the expediency of the moment.

22 hours ago, atlashead said:

What are some other creators that give you the real thing quick-like food digested up the rectum?

AS,

Right there is your problem.

Nobody can do your living for you.

Knowledge from others is an addition, not a replacement.

If you gotta hustle, you gotta hustle. Stop bitching about it and go hustle until you need to hustle no more.

Michael

On 3/9/2023 at 5:43 PM, atlashead said:

I'm not disparaging Rand.  Obviously she would be helpful were she still alive.  What are some other creators that give you the real thing quick-like food digested up the rectum?
My moral code is failing because I'm encountering problems I honestly had never imagined.
Edit: It's as though I'm living in a hotel room, HUSTLING to get the money to pay the rent.  I can't do anything long-term, it's just the expediency of the moment.

Ok so hustle your hustle. Sure you've gotta keep the rent paid.

There are ways out of the situation. You should spend as much of the rest of your time as you can looking for them. It's important not to convince yourself that you can't change the situation. Remember loads of other people have been through hard times - yes it's hard, and the path is often hidden, but if other people can do it so can you.

Here's some directions you could take:

* Change your accomodation - it's surprising how often people make irrational excuses to avoid this, but whether it's moving somewhere cheaper (even in another city) or finding some sort of cheaper shared accomodation, if that reduces your pressure to hustle then you can free up more time to spend improving your income - leading to:

* Develop some high-value skills - there are a lot of high value skills that you can learn even for free, programming is something anyone can learn if they stick to it, or writing, journalism. If you prefer more hands on work, save money to take a training course in a trade skill and find steady work there. If you can't save any money...

* Budgeting - Most people waste a lot of money on non-essentials e.g. pets, going out, dating, expensive food, expensive clothes (n.b. there's an important distinction here between flashy expensive and durable expensive - good quality long-lasting clothes are a good expense), alchohol and other drugs. There are lots of things people convince themselves that they need to survive, but they never actually try going without and finding out for real. If you're in a situation where you are having to hustle every day, it's worth taking a long hard look at all your expenses and identifying anything that you could cut out (even if it's just for the time when you're improving your accomodation/employment situation and you plan to go back to them later). As long as you have: somewhere safe to sleep and study, enough food and water to not die, and access to learning and connection tools (i.e. a smartphone, a computer or other access to the internet which is #1 the cheapest and most accessible way of learning) every other expense should be considered for cutting.