Sam Harris, authoritarian

I have never been a fan of Sam Harris, but I thought he was just another one of those Dawkins determinists who sometimes talk in circles and sometimes have something insightful to say.

Turns out, he's a dictator apologist--a proud  authoritarian who wants to control what information you get see and don't see.

Check this out about Hunter Biden's laptop.

Holy shit 

Sam Harris just admitted he supported censoring the Hunter Biden laptop story because it helped Biden

This man just set his entire career on fire

This video is so appalling I made a transcript. There was a lot of "it's like," "you know," "I think" and so on followed by stuttering. I deleted a lot of that, but included some. And I kept all the substance.

SAM HARRIS: Hunter Biden, at that point, Hunter Biden literally could have had the corpses of children in his basement. I would not have cared. Right? 

It's like, there's nothing... First of all, it's Hunter Biden, right? It's not Joe Biden. But even if Joe Biden... whatever the scope of Joe Biden's corruption is... Like, if we could just go down that rabbit hole endlessly and understand that he's getting kickbacks from Hunter Biden's deals in Ukraine or wherever else, right? Or China. 

It is infinitesimal compared to the corruption we know Trump is involved in. It's like a firefly to the sun. Right? I mean, it doesn't even stack up against Trump University. Right? Trump University, as a story, is worse than anything that could be in Hunter Biden's laptop, in my view. Right? 

Now that doesn't answer the people who say, "It's still completely unfair to not have looked at the laptop in a timely way. And to have shut down the New York Post's Twitter account. Like, that's just a left wing conspiracy to deny the presidency to Donald Trump."

Absolutely it was. Absolutely. Right? 

But I think it was warranted. Right? And it's a coin toss as to whether or not...

INTERVIEWER: Sam, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I was the one that said we should move on, but you've just said something I really struggle with.

SAM HARRIS: Go for it.

INTERVIEWER: Which is...

SAM HARRIS: The kids in the basement?

INTERVIEWER: No, no. Fuck the kids in the basement. I'm interested in democracy. You're saying you are content with a left wing conspiracy to prevent somebody being democratically reelected as president. 

SAM HARRIS: Well, no. I'm content... Well, it's just not left wing, right? So Liz Cheney is not left wing. Right? Liz Cheney is doing everything in her power...

INTERVIEWER: You're content with a conspiracy to prevent somebody being democratically elected.

SAM HARRIS: It's not... No... but there's nothing conspiracy... it's not... It was a conspiracy out in the open. But it doesn't matter if it was. It doesn't matter what part's conspiracy, what part's out in the open. 

It's like, if people get together and talk about what should we do about this phenomenon, you know... it's like... If there was an asteroid hurling toward earth and we got in a room together with all of our friends and had a conversation about what we could do to deflect its course... Right? Is that a conspiracy?

Sam Harris favors censorship and election interference. Openly.

He is one of our betters. In his mind, that is.

In reality, he is a useful idiot for the predator class, and proudly so.

This is the man who claims he has a rational basis for morality. This is a man who some people compare intellectually to Ayn Rand.

Well, Sam Harris's morality and politics start with: Control others and fuck individual rights. But not my rights. Yours.

If there are any Sam Harris fans out there, watch the video and weep. That is him talking and talking clearly. And notice that he is not fundamentally talking about Trump. He is talking about you.

About what you get to see and who you get to vote for. And about people like him deciding for you.

Realize that Sam Harris is an intellectual lightweight. An imposter. A man with his nose stuck far, far up the ass of any member of the predator class who wants it. 

Friggin' idiot...

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I have never been a fan of Sam Harris, but I thought he was just another one of those Dawkins determinists who sometimes talk in circles and sometimes have something insightful to say.

Turns out, he's a dictator apologist--a proud  authoritarian who wants to control what information you get see and don't see.

Check this out about Hunter Biden's laptop.

This video is so appalling I made a transcript. There was a lot of "it's like," "you know," "I think" and so on followed by stuttering. I deleted a lot of that, but included some. And I kept all the substance.

Sam Harris favors censorship and election interference. Openly.

He is one of our betters. In his mind, that is.

In reality, he is a useful idiot for the predator class, and proudly so.

This is the man who claims he has a rational basis for morality. This is a man who some people compare intellectually to Ayn Rand.

Well, Sam Harris's morality and politics start with: Control others and fuck individual rights. But not my rights. Yours.

If there are any Sam Harris fans out there, watch the video and weep. That is him talking and talking clearly. And notice that he is not fundamentally talking about Trump. He is talking about you.

About what you get to see and who you get to vote for. And about people like him deciding for you.

Realize that Sam Harris is an intellectual lightweight. An imposter. A man with his nose stuck far, far up the ass of any member of the predator class who wants it. 

Friggin' idiot...

Michael

To quote the great sage Gomer Pyle, "Suprise, suprise, SURPRISE!"

Mike Cernovich characterizes Sam Harris as a trust fund kid who is dishonest.

Sam Harris isn’t intelligent. He doesn’t debate adversaries. Years ago he challenged me to one on twitter, I accepted, he then backed out of it and lied, said he didn’t challenge me. Even in a friendly interview, he is shown as a joke and trust fund kid.

Probably...

:) 

Michael

Here's another from Mike and he's 100% correct.

This is why any talk from people like @elonmusk about why Republicans need to be “nice” misses the point. Sam is OK with children being murdered and votes being rigged. That’s where Democrats are now, ethically and intellectually.

Let that sink in just in case the noise is drowning it out.

Dead babies.

Rigged elections.

Sam Harris does not mind those things if the Dems can stay in power. He said so.

His words, not mine.

That is his view of a proper world. Those are his values. That is his morality.

Not mine.

Michael

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sam Harris is doing it again.

He says he doesn't want any ill for anyone, yet he bemoans the fact that the pandemic was not a real pandemic, one that killed only children, and that the jab doesn't work.

He said if the pandemic were a real pandemic that killed children, and if the jab worked, the masses would think a lot better.

As for the people who were against the jab when it came out, regardless that they were right, they were stupid ("unwell and unbalanced, professionally and mentally," is the way he put it). For Harris, it's unfortunate that things worked out the way they did because had gobs of kids died and had the jab worked, society would have had no patience for their piss-poor thinking. 

But there's more! :) 

Harris strongly insinuates (without using these exact words) that censoring that mob with poor thinking skills was--and is--the right thing to do. If asked directly, I have no doubt he would agree with that in those words.

Seriously.

I'm using Viva Frei's tweet because the video is condensed and has a funny add-on at the end. But Harris's views are not distorted with the editing. I saw a longer more pure version and he actually said that crap in the same context as you get here.

Michael

• Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

I know I'm beating the same drum here, but there is an angle I want to highlight because it is so odd.

Instead of watching the video from the lens of Sam Harris's reputation suicide or his outrageous blah blah blah to avoid admitting he was wrong, there is something even more important.

Look at this group of lefties demanding that we take reality into account.

Reality.

Take reality into account.

Like I said, friggin' reality.

Dayaamm!

And when Jimmy asks, "You mean this example, or that example, or that one over there?", guess what he is doing?

He is blowing up floating abstractions and asking for conceptual referents.

Double dayaamm!

These lefties have a lot more in common with Randian epistemology than Sam Harris ever did.

It's too bad they are not consistent when they promote authoritarian ideas without realizing they are authoritarian, but truth is like a virus in your brain when you adopt it in this manner. I saw a video of this same guy Jimmy is talking to, Steve Kirsch, saying that he is beginning to doubt the manmade climate change story the government-science community is pushing, not because he believes it or disbelieves it right now. He is saying he needs to see the links to reality.

I stand in awe.

Michael

20 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

It's too bad they are not consistent when they promote authoritarian ideas without realizing they are authoritarian, but truth is like a virus in your brain when you adopt it in this manner. I saw a video of this same guy Jimmy is talking to, Steve Kirsch, saying that he is beginning to doubt the manmade climate change story the government-science community is pushing, not because he believes it or disbelieves it right now. He is saying he needs to see the links to reality.

I stand in awe.

I know this is a thread about Sam Harris's bullshit, but after saying the above, I have to post the video of these lefies going Rand without realizing it.

On climate change, Steve Kirsh even mentions Richard Lindzen -- and I mention that one for Ellen. :) 

Here is the video.

yTiFXUrEM_E_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

Neil DeGrasse Tyson is one of the world’s most renowned experts on the nature of the ever-expanding universe we inhabit, but what he knows about COVID vaccines could fit in the nucleus of an atom. Case...

Michael

So long as this thread went sideways, watching Jimmy Dore tear Jon Stewart a new asshole over his COVID bullshit is magnificent.

bztCau_Tuqc_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

Despite his considerable talent and reputation as a truth-teller, Jon Stewart didn’t become a multi-millionaire from challenging the establishment and speaking truth to power. But now, nearly three...

Michael

The following is what scares me in today's world.

People have convinced themselves that all they need to do is "control the narrative" and they will control reality.

That bombs will not come or blow up if they control the narrative.

Top level people in the ruling class believe this.

9ea4df1156006c15a32c437d2618c75d_500x0.j
GETTR.COM

You have to understand something The people in Washington are complete idiots who have no idea what the threat of nuclear war means They actually think they can outsmart multi-megaton superweapons...

This is nothing but modern day rain dancing of the savages.

Throw in some child sacrifice while you are at it.

And yet the modern rain dancers feel superior to others because they believe they have the secret dance.

It's called narrative and they control it.

I don't mind if they screw up their lives with this crap.

It's when they want to screw up mine and those of the people I love and care about...

Those are fighting words.

If you wonder how a smart person like Sam Harris can be saying the absurd things he is now saying, that is the root.

Magic words that make him special and superior to others. His magic words start with "science," even though role-playing is what it means when he talks about it. That kind of role playing is the progeny of rain dancing.

And how about the lefties I featured in this thread who get it that the standard for judgment has to be reality? 

I don't like leftism, but hell, I'll take people who know that reality trumps narrative anywhere I can get them.

Michael

• Upvote 1