San diego

There is also a video of the guy walking in an unattended unlocked entryway in what appears to be the rear of the building.

I know you need to be 'buzzed in' our local elementary school and other such facilities, lets start there.

23 minutes ago, Peter said:

Come up with a solution and not more bromides. 

Ok. Throw a virgin into the volcano.

About as good an suggestion as your suggestion to expand the power of the predatory state. 

(And once again, I don't owe you any suggestions, not after your past evasions,  strawman arguments, and mocking of those who have tried to discuss such things with you in the past. You get what you've earned.)

16 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

Ok. Throw a virgin into the volcano.

About as good an suggestion as your suggestion to expand the power of the predatory state. 

(And once again, I don't owe you any suggestions, not after your past evasions,  strawman arguments, and mocking of those who have tried to discuss such things with you in the past. You get what you've earned.)

And if it's a bromide to point out that the surveillance state is too busy being weaponized against parents and others instead of actually catching criminals, then call me Mr. Bromide. I'll belt out bromides til the cows come home...

I have wondered why  . . . why do mass shooters need attention? If they hate human’s enough to commit mass killings, why do they want our “human” attention? Here’s a guy whose motto is: To change the world – change mankind. I don’t agree with him, but at least he has ideas. Peter

Doctor Michael Laitman: . . . . The more mass shootings shake society, the more different people propose different solutions in relation to different aspects that play a role in mass shootings: gun control – to counter gun availability, raising awareness about mental illness – to counter the fact that many mass shooters show signs of mental instability, more acutely regulating violence in video games – since many mass shooters are youth who play games, and certain studies show that violent video games can desensitize a person’s feelings toward others. 

Although guns, mental illness and video game or other examples of violence all play a role in shaping the mass shooter’s perception and environmental conditions, none of them are the root cause of mass shootings. Thus, dealing with the problem at those levels will fail to bring about any lasting solutions.

A solution to mass shootings first requires an accurate definition of the phenomenon’s root cause, and then a way to fix the problem at its root. 

What, then, is the root cause of mass shootings?

THE CAUSE OF MASS SHOOTINGS: OVERBLOWN HUMAN EGO

The cause of mass shootings is the overblown human ego—self-interest at the expense of others—that society’s current regulations and frameworks fail to satisfy. 

The more the ego grows, the more people feel dissatisfied. 

Why? It is because our growing desires turn to pleasures and goals on offer, and feel that they cannot extract any lasting satisfaction from them. As a result, we aim ourselves at various self-aimed enjoyments—among food, sex, family, money, honor, control and knowledge—fail to extract lasting pleasure from them, and then turn to those desires more intensively and excessively to find some pleasure there. 

We thus see distortions upon natural human needs in all aspects of life, and ultimately society takes a turn toward becoming increasingly manipulative, exploitative, indifferent and abusive as more and more people lose sense of others and become greedier and more narcissistic on one hand, and more and more depressed, lonely, anxious and stressed on the other. 

In other words, today’s human ego has outgrown the systems we have created in the past to satisfy it, and the increasing dissatisfaction grows into increasing division and hatred in society. And the more division and hatred abound in society, the more we see eruptions of mass shootings and other acts of terror. 

Therefore, today we need a new system to master the exponentially-growing human ego. It should be a system that teaches us:

What is nature? What is human nature (the ego)? How does nature interact with us? What is the ideal way for us to interact with nature? How does our imbalance with nature negatively affect us? How can we balance with nature and experience lasting satisfaction? Since satisfying the excessive human ego would result in less or even no mass shootings from further taking place, then what is the modern solution to satisfy this ego?

The solution is not to satisfy the ego directly, i.e. not to aim for personal benefit at the expense of others, since we see that we ultimately don’t enjoy that way. The solution is to redirect how we enjoy our lives, i.e. to aim at benefiting others and establishing a new society of unity above the growing division.

As much as depression, loneliness, anxiety and stress has risen in the last 20 or so years, studies such as happiness science and positive psychology have also emerged with various studies showing the benefits of positive human connection: that being better connected makes us feel happier and more confident. 

Unity is bound to make us feel better because it is nature’s own quality, and nature itself develops to increasing states of connection, albeit undergoing crises and problems on the way. Therefore, the more we can be aware of the need for, and benefits of, positive human connection on one hand, and the detriments of continuing to live according to our current egoistic paradigm, on the other, the more we can become ready to implement a method of connection that has the ability to connect society above its divisions.

Then the question becomes, what is this method of connection and who has the ability to provide such a method? . . . .

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And here he is in a different mindset:

image.png

Where is this four-images-in-one picture from?

6 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Where is this four-images-in-one picture from?

William,

It's all over Twitter. Learn how to search, man. Go to the Twitter search field and type in Salvador Ramos.

(It's hard, I know, but you will get used to it if you start,)

The tweet below is not the one I got it from originally, but I am not going to spend all day looking for it. This is one among many.

There are other people saying the person in a dress is not the shooter.

So far, nothing has been said with certainty. Or if it has, I have not seen it. Frankly, it's not that important.

But at least these shit posters are not sources like "someone familiar with the subject" that the mainstream uses all the time. These shit posters have names, or at least handles. That's a hell of a lot better than the people you assign authority to and want to use to make laws to govern me--and others--with.

Fuck authoritarians.

Your people lie. They lie on purpose and I believe you know it. Like I said, liars lie. They lie in the morning, they lie in the afternoon, they lie at night. Why? Because they are liars. They can't not lie. There is no time of the day they don't lie. I personally think anyone who gives them credibility are either without rational discernment or are liars themselves.

Michael