The Oscars 2021

33 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Does anyone else see a parallel with Biden?

83? So, maybe Joe has four more years to go before . . . slipping away. I don't think we will ever see him in a real news conference. The questions and "media askers" will be pre-selected, and Joe will have notes or a teleprompter to remind him of the answers. At some point he may have a Nurse Ratchet holding onto his arm as he walks to the podium, or up and down stairs. He will do away with White House steps and enter/convert/equip the hallways and doorways with ramps. Longer ramps with just a slight angle.

As for the Oscars, there's this.

Get Woke, Go Broke: Oscar TV Ratings PLUNGE – Down More Than 50% From Last Year – A RECORD LOW

Get woke, go broke.

The 93rd Academy Awards show was a total bust.

The 2021 woke Oscars plunged more than 50% from last year in overnight ratings according to data from Nielsen.

The woke Oscars opened with an actress saying that “if things had gone differently this past week in Minneapolis, I might have traded in my heels for marching boots.”

Actress Regina King, who had a supporting role in Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde, kicked off the show by talking about the Derek Chauvin trial.

No wonder why no one watched this garbage.

Imagine turning on the TV to see glamorous sexy actors and actresses at their best, then, despite the high-brow clothing and hair-do packaging, getting the emotional equivalent of this:

image.png

and this:

image.png

Talk about an invitation to watch something else...

:)

Michael

Notice that advances in mobile technology have allowed more people in more places to have more access to watch the Oscars live as the years progress. Yet as the years progress, the audience goes down.

This, to me, looks like, as the years progress, more and more people can't stand Hollywood.

The new slang term for pampered Hollywood stars doing bait and switch with their audiences and calling for social justice instead of entertaining them is "woketard." See this article, for instance:

Nolte: Woketard Oscar Ratings Plummet 58%, First Time Below 10 Million Viewers

The Woketard stink is all over everything related to Hollywood and an overall entertainment industry that has made it stridently clear that its long history of entertaining the masses is over. It is no longer about putting on a good show. Instead, we will be lectured and shamed by elite assholes who think they are too important to sing, dance, and make us laugh.

Who wants to sit through that…?

. . .

It used to be that celebrities were self-effacing, modest, the butt of the joke… They made fun of themselves, and even though everyone knew it was all an act, we still appreciated it and found it entertaining. Few things are as enjoyable as seeing a Big Star laugh at himself.

Now, these so-called stars are just a cult of pompous, insufferable, blowhards who take themselves oh-so-seriously, even though they have done nothing to earn our admiration or respect. They act as though they are our superiors when we all know they are nothing more than hypocrites and liars who carry a $200,000 gift bag on their laps as they give interviews from the back of a limo about the horrors of wealth distribution and capitalism.

btw - The reason I keep pounding on this is not political.

It's philosophical.

The philosophy underlying wokeness is being rejected by the public in an "in-your-face" manner to an industry known for producing the world's best and most popular storytelling. And the industry is paying the price.

Besides, their stories suck these days. I believe their current batch of stories suck because they are not only selling a philosophy that sucks, they themselves have been indoctrinated to believe virtue signaling is the same thing as experiencing reality. In other words, they suck.

Michael

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The parallel is an old man with Alzheimer's.

As Oliver might have said, what a horrible situation we have gotten ourselves into Stanley. Other upcoming Presidential events may be falls, broken bones, and a wheel chair, and Joe will crowned by the press as the new FDR.

15 minutes ago, Peter said:

As Oliver might have said, what a horrible situation we have gotten ourselves into Stanley. Other upcoming Presidential events may be falls, broken bones, and a wheel chair, and Joe will crowned by the press as the new FDR.

What about Reagan?  His Alzheimer's didn't ruin the country,and when Biden,'s  diagnosis by rightwing consensus  is confirmed by actual doctors, not much will change then.. Just as politics rolled on whenWilson was clinically dead, and his wife ran the country. Rather efficiently actually.

• Upvote 1

Biden as President is an existential threat to personal liberty as is evidenced by examining his executive orders and other official pronouncements.

Biden as a person is not much of threat , other than to himself and his family and co-scammers/skinflints and his apparent confidence that his personal corruption will not be allowed to be judged by law, he seems blind to the notion a bus may have his name on it and  someday his protectors will throw him under it. ( pretty much a description of most of the career politicians who make it to DC, imho, I didn't choose to be a  cynic, they made me !).

Biden the man is obviously faltering, it is equally obvious, given what he lacks cognitively, the person of Biden is not actually the entity discharging the duties of the office.

PINO Biden

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, caroljane said:

not much will change then.. Just as politics rolled

Good point. Only Kamalala will be roller derby-ing around the Oval Office, smashing opponents, running over their fingers, and kicking them as she skates by. 

6 minutes ago, tmj said:

Biden is not actually the entity discharging the duties of the office.

Sounds like an episode of "Victoria." Who is Biden's Lord Melbourne and Princess Alberta?

mean edit. And back to the Presidential wheel chair idea. It should be motorized with a teleprompter attached and a toilet seat on the down side.

13 minutes ago, Peter said:

Good point. Only Kamalala will be roller derby-ing around the Oval Office, smashing opponents, running over their fingers, and kicking them as she skates by. 

Go Kam go.You don't have to shoot to score.

Meanwhile, they give the Oscar to an actor who portrays an old man with Alzheimer's.

And for best film, they give the Oscar to a film by a Chinese woman banned in China about an American woman in the Great Depression who can't find work and drifts from here to there.

The American dream to some folks...

Hollywood and the US government are climbing Mount Olympus, they are...

Veritable gods walking the earth, they are...

An inspiration for what to be, they are...

:evil: 

Michael

4 hours ago, caroljane said:

What about Reagan?  His Alzheimer's didn't ruin the country,and when Biden,'s  diagnosis by rightwing consensus  is confirmed by actual doctors, not much will change then.. Just as politics rolled on whenWilson was clinically dead, and his wife ran the country. Rather efficiently actually.

Carol,

You are in the wrong profession, whatever it may be.

Have you ever thought of becoming a presidential advisor for, say, best practices?

Michael

• Smile 1

And the Oscar for best comedienne goes to...Kamala Harris! Go, Kam, Go!

"Harris Laughs When Discussing Struggling Parents Who Are Unable To Send Kids Back To School"

During an event in Wisconsin at the West Haven Child Development Center, Harris laughed hysterically when discussing struggling parents who aren’t able to send their kids to school.

“More people are seeing that, yeah, affordable child care is a big deal. More parents are seeing the value of educators when they (laughing) had to bring their kids [home] and say we’re not paying them nearly enough (laughing),” she said while cackling several times.

Harris has often made gender a major talking point and says women have been the most negatively impacted by the fact that children are unable to go to school during the pandemic.

Yet she seems to think it’s hilarious when discussing it, which is a slap in the face to all of the parents that have had to endure their lockdowns.
This is why she was knocked out early in the 2020 Democratic primaries and why so many believe she is a terrible vice president.

https://conservativebrief.com/laughshysterically-37234/?utm_source=CB&utm_medium=RP78

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

You are in the wrong profession, whatever it may be.

Have you ever thought of becoming a presidential advisor for, say, best practices?

Michael

No....but how much would it pay? I've heard that recent presidents have been,kind of stingy with the hired help.

7 hours ago, caroljane said:

No....but how much would it pay? I've heard that recent presidents have been,kind of stingy with the hired help.

Carol,

Come on.

How hard is it to con a person with dementia?

What kind of advisor would you be if you couldn't pull a decent package out of him or her?

Does the word "con" bother you for this?

Don't worry. The world will be just fine. Right?

Michael

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

Come on.

How hard is it to con a person with dementia?

What kind of advisor would you be if you couldn't pull a decent package out of him or her?

Does the word "con" bother you for this?

Don't worry. The world will be just fine. Right?

Michael

I don't mind being con what I am against, though I prefer to be pro what I am for.

The world will, in fact, be just fine in its infinity of possibilities . Our species, who knows? There are more things in heaven and Earth than those dreamt of in Rand's philosophy, cousin Horace.

12 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Carol,

You left out the article.

Here. Let me help you.

I don't mind being a con...

There. That's more like it.

:evil:  :) 

Michael

You need just a little more work on present passive voice to ace Grammar 201.

For those who don't know who Kim Dotcom is, he used to own the biggest upload and download service (Megaupload) where people could upload pirated movies and music, etc.

That one got shut down and he now owns other things. He's even dabbling in cryptocurrency and got Elon Musk to agree with him on the value of Bitcoin Cash (not to be confused with Bitcoin).

I follow him on Twitter.

Here is what he just tweeted.

For the dense, that means Hollywood now makes movies that suck so bad, no pirate worth his salt would bother to download them.

Michael

• Smile 1