Online Bickering

Online Bickering

The standard saying is that one picture is worth a thousand words.

I'm not doing much Facebook these days, but I just went there.

This is what popped up.

One image representing thousands of words.

:)

image.png

I think the name of the artist is Al Margen. The post is from his FB account here.

LOLOLOLOL...

Dayaamm!

Michael

• Smile 1

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

Yup, looking out for the actions by the enemy that the QAnon community has been anticipating for about two years, is ... mere online bickering. Well done, genius.

Looking out? You mean like for danger?

Here on OL?

We're the enemy?

A real legend in your own mind you are.

This meme bears repeating. (Also, I kinda like my meme. :) )

image.png.0ff00922caf864126374ab2eaa47aa

Have at it Jon.

Save the world from OL.

Go down in history. Play for the glory brass ring.

Children will read about you for generations to come.

And they will make a statue of you for facing down the monster.

Michael

• Smile 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Millie and Alex.

But you know that. Sorry you are so hurt, it is not about you, or I.

It is about Millie pretending to be WWG1WGA.

You lost me right there.

I have to accept that because you say so?

And you think I feel hurt?

Sorry. I don't have time to babysit you.

Give reasons or give space for people to look with their own eyes.

But you already know that, don't you?

You know exactly what you are doing.

And once again a new thread is all about Jon.

Hang a fucking watermelon on your neck and walk around the streets if you want attention that badly. That will get you plenty of attention and then you can pick fights all day.

Michael

• Smile 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

But no, you do not have to take my word for it...

That's rich since that is all you offer.

Oh. By the way. Ruth Bader Ginsberg is still alive and kicking. 

But man did you pick fights because people would not take you on faith on your claim that she was dead.

I'm sick of this shit.

OL is a forum for discussion, not for bullying people because you get a bug up your ass about people not believing you on faith. 

Michael 

• Smile 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ruth Bader Ginsberg is still alive and kicking.

Some of her doubles are but certainly not the original woman.

I don't need to be taken on faith about that, I only objected when dumb people who haven't looked into it yet knee-jerk their thoughtless rejection, because it sounds like a "conspiracy theory" and offer only put-downs. I have offered much research and evidence on Ruth. I objected to the assholes who demonstrably know nothing, don't even try, but only come with the "you people" put-down. You face it all the time and know exactly what I mean. I did not bully anyone for not right away believing what I know about Ruth, I only bullied those who brought that sort of shitty and bullying-worthy weakass non-responses to my evidence.

27 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I did not bully anyone for not right away believing what I know about Ruth, I only bullied those who brought that sort of shitty and bullying-worthy weakass non-responses to my evidence.

You mean like what you did when I posted Millie's arrest and video with Tore and Patrick Bergy after running across it?

I still haven't seen anything I can call a response from you. But I have seen weakass non-responses .

• Smile 1

29 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I have offered much research and evidence on Ruth.

Jon,

I recall the photo comparisons and things like that, but I don't know the source of those things. Everybody has image editors these days.

I do know that I have lived in a country where they actually did put up a dead President as alive (Tancredo Neves).

Even with the shitty Brazilian press, the bad guys did not get away with that one. People still talk about that. Everyday people, not just people on the edges.

What I saw here in America--with the Internet going full blast, at that--was nothing like that.

The fake news media and the establishment are despicable, but porous. The Edward Snowdens do get through against all odds. And I haven't see anything like that in this case.

So I, for one, don't buy the Ginsberg is dead theory as likely. I would not put an attempt like that past the evil boneheads in the Deep State, so I don't discount the possibility. But I find it really remote.

Michael

No, I cited many things that are wrong with that video. And I have since seen many other people noticed the same things. You have not addressed them, but only cast doubt on all of it, you responded, "that's enough would to build a house." You don't see what we see, so we must be cliquish and shallow, you went there seamlessly.

3 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jon,

I recall the photo comparisons and things like that, but I don't know the source of those things. Everybody has image editors these days.

I do know that I have lived in a country where they actually did put up a dead President as alive (Tancredo Neves).

Even with the shitty Brazilian press, the bad guys did not get away with that one. People still talk about that. Everyday people, not just people on the edges.

What I saw here in America--with the Internet going full blast, at that--was nothing like that.

The fake news media and the establishment are despicable, but porous. The Edward Snowdens do get through against all odds. And I haven't see anything like that in this case.

So I, for one, don't buy the Ginsberg is dead theory as likely. I would not put an attempt like that past the evil boneheads in the Deep State, so I don't discount the possibility. But I find it really remote.

Michael

That is a great statement. I did provide much, much more, it is here.

I only recall getting nasty with people who refused to discuss and went straight to belittling me personally.

If I bullied anyone who was going about like you do above, making real discussion without the personal, then I want to sincerely apologize to them. Who was it? I honestly cannot recall any.

5 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

No, I cited many things that are wrong with that video. And I have since seen many other people noticed the same things. You have not addressed them, but only cast doubt on all of it, you responded, "that's enough would to build a house." You don't see what we see, so we must be cliquish and shallow, you went there seamlessly.

Blah blah blah.

It's all about Jon.

Boo hoo hoo... 

Since this is a humor thread (except for the all about Jon pity parties), let's see if Ginsberg is alive.

image.png

Hmmmmm...

Michael

• Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Blah blah blah.

It's all about Jon.

Boo hoo hoo... 

Since this is a humor thread (except for the all about Jon pity parties), let's see if Ginsberg is alive.

image.png

Hmmmmm...

Michael

I accept that you will not address the points I made against an obviously fake video beyond your rhetorical "that's enough would to build a house" put-down.

20 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I accept that you will not address the points I made against an obviously fake video beyond your rhetorical "that's enough would to build a house" put-down.

Thank you. Not for your lame-ass characterization and interpretation, but for your acceptance. I appreciate it.

Now moving on...

• Smile 1

At this point, unfortunately, I had to throw more bickering posts into the Garbage Pile. If anyone wants to see this literature, it's in a thread called "Bickering Crap," which started with posts from another thread. The posts from the current thread start here.

Also, I've moderated Jon. I didn't want to. I like him. And, despite this dust-up, I still think he's one of the good guys. But now he can call me (and others) all the nasty names with all the hatred he wants to all over the Internet. Just not here anymore.

btw - I deleted the posts where he got really nasty in addressing me, so if you want to go to the Garbage Pile to see that stuff, you will be disappointed. :) 

You can see the part where he kept baiting me, though, and, I finally got so fed up I started baiting him right back until he snapped. And, yes, I went for it. I did it on purpose. Because he kept doing it on purpose. If you get entertainment value from that, it's there for one and all to read.

I will let his posts through, though, should he ever wish to write them, when they are free from this defect. In addition, I don't want him to get this hateful kind or nasty with others on OL anymore. No more calling people pedophile, shit-for-brains, dumb fucking loser, and so on. I'm still pondering "retard." :) 

Policy

Joking aside, it's not the term, but the nastiness and intensity of bad intentions in wielding it that's at issue. OL is a discussion forum at root. The name is not Punishment Living.

But pepper is good on potatoes, so no PC language namby-pamby bullshit is coming. The rules are still flexible for regulars here. And even, up to a point, for newbies. Nothing has changed--except I no longer want vicious hostility, after a certain point, from one poster to another in the posting toolbox.

It's OK to get mad at each other and express it. But there's a limit of intensity where it's no longer aimed at discussion or a momentary flare-up. Instead it's only aimed at damaging the target and humiliating him or her in a malicious manner. That's not going to be part of OL anymore. Obviously, banter is OK, even if it pushes the edges. So is bitchiness. Even hating on Trump is OK for the Trump haters. :) 

Nothing has changed except this one thing. And on this one thing, let's say OL is moving into a different phase. It was a wild ride rhetorically, but the ride came to an end.

Life goes on.

It Shall Go On

Don't despair, though.

Bickering will go on, too. (Cue theme song from The Titanic.) 

Even in this thread. I am going to continue posting funny stuff here about online bickering as I come across it. Find funny bickering stuff and post it, too, if you like. I think we all love a good laugh.

And, man, talk about a theme relevant to the Objectivist subcommunity...

Michael

• Smile 1

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

btw - I deleted the posts where he got really nasty in addressing me, so if you want to go to the Garbage Pile to see that stuff, you will be disappointed. :) 

Well..

I won't leave you without any idea. So here is one example.

I have not approved of a series of posts since the moderation. Which means I have deleted them. And private messages from Jon. Here is a recent one so you can see the tenor of this literature.

Ban me, Prick

Good morning, weak little half-brained loser.

Why haven't you banned me?

You think I may want to post around your stench any longer?

Running a forum is a barrel of laughs, I tell ya'.

That was just an example for you, the readers, so you won't be totally in the dark. But OL will not be giving a regular public voice to this form of bickering any longer.

Michael

• Smile 1