BBcode

Samson,

The software company (IPB) changes its policies at times. The only decision I have made in regard to user coding directly is to agree to IPB's nagging me to disable user use of HTML in posts. They finally convinced me the security risk was too great to keep it.

But I, myself, get confused with their constant changes.

The upside is their security. OL has not had issues with hackers ever since our databases were destroyed ages ago by a hacker and we adopted IPB.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Later I will change things up and migrate to a different company, but for now, that's the way it is. Still, I believe some direct BBCode works. Here's a test with spoiler tags.

If direct BBCode works in this post, this text will be hidden and the tags will be invisible. If it doesn't work, the text will be visible and the tags, too. Of course I will find out only when I click the "Submit Reply" button.

LATER EDIT.

It looks like direct BBCode worked. Here is what the spoiler tags look like for anyone interested. The following is exactly how I typed the hidden contents part of the post before publishing it.

[spoiler]If direct BBCode works in this post, this text will be hidden and the tags will be invisible. If it doesn't work, the text will be visible and the tags, too. Of course I will find out only when I click the "Submit Reply" button.[/spoiler]

I didn't type in a scroll bar, of course. :) IPB did that by itself to be "helpful."

Michael