Alfredo

Kat

Ciro, do you have a recipe for a nice Alfredo sauce or maybe Chicken Alfredo or a pizza.

I used to get a great pizza in my old neighborhood. It was a Chicken, broccoli and bacon alfredo pizza. Yum!

Kat

Yes, Kat. Chicken Alfredo is very easy to make.

Coat the chicken breast on both sides with flour.

In a medium size skillet put some olive oil, or some butter. When the oil is hot,

cook the chicken on both sides. When the chicken is done

put it aside; deglaze the skillet with some white wine. Let the wine evaporate completely until the skillet is almost dry. Put the chicken back into the skillet and add the heavy cream.

When the cream comes to boil, whisk 1 table spoon butter into the sauce with a pinch of flour.

When the sauce turns nice and thick season to taste and put it aside. Cook the fettuccine, usually for 4 minutes if you use barilla egg noodles fettuccine. In a large size plate put the chicken with the pasta, cover with the cream, some Parmigiano, white pepper, and serve all at once.

For each chicken breast figure out one cup of cream.

You can deglaze the skillet with some chicken stock -in case you don’t want to use wine.

Ciao.

Ciro, I'm a little confused :roll:

I'm not familiar with deglazing and it sounds like you cook the chicken, remove it, waste some wine, and dump a quart of milk in the pan...

I thought there was some cheese and other stuff in the sauce. Let's start out with one box of fettucine noodles and 4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts and go from there. What type of cream are you using, half and half or whipping cream? How does the sauce get thick?

Kat

CHICKEN ALFREDO

4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts

4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature (or 2 of olive oil for sauteeing the chicken and 2 of butter for the sauce)

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan), at room temperature

1 1/4 cup heavy cream or Half and Half (or 1/2 of each)

salt and freshly ground pepper (use white pepper if you have it)

a pinch of grated nutmeg

SET the pasta water to boil.

In a large skillet, sauté the chicken in 2 tablespoons of butter or good olive oil until lightly browned. Set aside in a warm place.

COOK the pasta. Remember to reserve some of the cooking water to moisten your chicken Alfredo if it is too dry.

ADD the heavy cream, 2 tablespoons of butter and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese to the same pan. Keep cooking on low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture reduces slightly and thickens.

ADD pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Stir.

ADD the cooked chicken and mix again. Taste for salt. Add a TBSP or two of the pasta cooking water if too dry.

ADD the cooked and well-drained pasta to the sauce. Mix well with a wooden spoon.

TURN into a warmed serving bowl, or directly onto warmed plates.

Kat, I hope this will help.

Ciao.CD

Thatsa more like it!

Remember, keep the instructions easy and clear. This will help you when it is time to put together that cookbook and the recipe cards that you will package with the video that you sell on your late night infomercials.

Thanks Ciro.

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Kat

btw - what happened to the wine? Did you get thirsty?