Really Bad Design

Jonathan

I've noticed that modern hovercraft (boards, bikes, etc.) designers all seem to love the idea of putting the center of gravity very high. WTF? Why are they putting the rider above the blades?!!! Are they trying for the greatest level of instability? Lawsuits waiting to happen.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/hoverbikes-are-finally-here-don-t-expect-fly-cheap-ncna935191

12 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

I've noticed that modern hovercraft (boards, bikes, etc.) designers all seem to love the idea of putting the center of gravity very high. WTF? Why are they putting the rider above the blades?!!! Are they trying for the greatest level of instability? Lawsuits waiting to happen.

https://www.nbcnews.com/mach/science/hoverbikes-are-finally-here-don-t-expect-fly-cheap-ncna935191

good point!  the only situation I can see for low-blade placement is for hovercraft that skim at low altitude over the surface.  At sufficiently low altitude (say less than 10 feet)  flipping over is not a major danger. .

There was just an article on the net about prophecies from the past about the upcoming year, 2020. Like the things "psychics" predict, unless it is a general-ism, it never comes true with any accuracy. Anybody riding a "bike" with unprotected blades wants their nether regions chopped off, or so I predict.

The winner of the billion dollar lotto never came to claim their money after 3 weeks but they have 120 days to do it. 

14 minutes ago, Peter said:

There was just an article on the net about prophecies from the past about the upcoming year, 2020. Like the things "psychics" predict, unless it is a general-ism, it never comes true with any accuracy. Anybody riding a "bike" with unprotected blades wants their nether regions chopped off, or so I predict.

Exactly. The design is double-danger: top-heavy instability, and high-risk of nether region chopping. Nasty deaths and mutilations that could have been easily avoided will happen.

J