Me again

Rodney

I used to be a member here under the name "ashleyparkerangel," posting on a variety of topics. I consider myself an Objectivist philosophically.

In 2011, I shifted my musical focus to the field of art song. I have had my art songs and concert band pieces performed in Toronto (where I live); in Austin, Texas; in Chicago; in Chautauqua, New York; in Geneva, Illinois; in Elgin, Illinois; and in Munster, Indiana. I write the lyrics to almost all my songs, which typically concern or express reverence, aspiration, romance, independence, and the future. These themes also occur in those few songs for which I have adapted an existing text.

NOTABLE RECENT PERFORMANCES

"The Lone Last Leaf," performed by tenor Jonathan Cebreros at New Brew: A Warm Welcome, held in The Elbo Room, Chicago. Hosted by Opera on Tap.

"When Matter Touches Antimatter," performed by tenor Brian Minnick on November 3, 2017 at Central Presbyterian Church in Austin, Texas. A winner of Second Fresh Squeezed Ounce of Art Song competition, One Ounce Opera.

"Ave Maria (Ellen's Prayer)," performed by soprano Karolina Kierlanczyk at New Brew: A Warm Welcome, held in The Elbo Room, Chicago. Hosted by Opera on Tap.

"To Venus and Mars," performed by soprano Amanda Noelle Neal at New Brew: A Warm Welcome, held in The Elbo Room, Chicago. Hosted by Opera on Tap.

OTHER PERFORMANCES

(See my LinkedIn page.)

• 2 weeks later...